Chapter 7

A few years pass quickly and Runaan is in his friend, Indigo's house.
Indigo was named her name because of her skin, it had a more dark blue tint to it than usual, lilac light purple skin.

Anyways, Runaan had come over because Indigo had invited him for her 17th birthday.

"Er...well, Ethari's down at the fountain in the centre of the town.." Indigo said, quietly.
"Why are you so nervous sounding?" Runaan laughed.
"Well..because somethings going on, and you may not like it."

There was a pause.
"What?" Runaan asked.
"Er well...I-.." she took a deep breath.
"Y'know Clementine? Ethari and Clem had some argument remember?"
Runaan nodded his head suspiciously.

"Turns out, Clem was just arguing so she could get closer to him. She kissed him the other day." Indigo said quickly.
Runaan stopped.
"Oh." He said.

"Yeaaaaaaaaah....?"

There was another pause.

"What makes you think I wouldn't like that piece of information?" Runaan asked her.
"Well..because..maybe because you...like him?" She said, squinting her eyes.

"You're damn right." Runaan said. He picked up his blades and marched swiftly out the door.
"Runaan! Wait, maybe it was a mistake! I heard it from some younger Moonshadow elves!" Indigo tried to pursue him back to the house, but Runaan was already halfway down the curb.

He picked up his pace once he saw the park coming closer into his vision. He started to sweat and his blood boiled. He was so angry.

He pushed past Ethari's other friends, trying to get him to tell them everything that happened. Ethari looked relieved when he saw Runaan, his best friend. He knew he'd talk some sense into the guys.
But no, Runaan marched right up to him and stuck a blade right up to his throat. The group of friends backed away slowly.

"Runaan! What in the hell are you doing? I need you to tell the others I didn't kiss her she did-" he started, but Runaan wasn't paying attention.

"Why did you??" He asked angrily. Ethari stared at him.
"Why are you mad about it?" He asked, but Runaan pushed the cold blade down more. Ethari winced and howled. Runaan instantly softened the pressure, he didn't want to hurt him. But at the same time, he wanted to wring his neck over the cliff.

"Doesn't matter. I'm asking.you.a.question." He snarled.
Ethari's gaze landed into Runaan's eyes. Runaan growled angrily. Ethari's eyes teared up slightly. Runaan screeched, and pulled the blade back.
Ethari got to his knees. He rubbed his neck. But before he could say anything, Runaan stepped forward and swung the blade back. Ethari covered his head in fear.
Runaan swiftly brought the blade down.

But it stopped before it could touch a hair on Ethari's head. Runaan could see the terrible fear in his eyes.
Runaan stopped. He slowly brought the blade away from him. He hesitated and then ran away.

"Wait, Runaan..!" Ethari shouted after him, but he didn't stop running, until he was out of sight. Ethari sighed.

The group of elves dissolved within a few minutes, leaving Ethari on the ground.