Nightfall

The GameTrix was packed. You could see several posters inside adverting the Dreamwaver and the new game Nightfall.

"If you're here to get the Dreamwaver, please line up here" an employee said while waving his hand to a separate desk.

Me, Mei, and Ren lined up behind several different people. We were given a ticket, number 45,46,47.

"The numbers indicate what your spot is in line, so don't even think about skipping spots." The passive aggressive sounding employee explained.

We could hear the commotion between the employees restlessly trying to keep up with each individual customer as well as the stock of the Dreamwaver's.

"How long do you think we'll be here for?" Ren broke the silence.

"I.. I guess probably around like 20 minutes? About two people have been done." I said but was unsure.

The line gradually came to a hold, we were about 3 people away. An employee picked up a speakerphone and his voice could be heard over the speakers of the store.

"Attention all customers. Unfortunately, we didn't anticipate the overwhelming numbers of customers here and we had underpacked the stock." He took a slight pause, his face seeming slightly unsettled then continued.

"I'm afraid to tell you all, the Dreamwaver has sold out. Please come back tomorrow or pick it up at another day, once again we apologize for the inconvenience." Sounding very sincere and apologetic as if he was the one who caused it.

"Dammit!" I heard a person yell. "I waited all year for this!"

My heart sank, I anticipated the release and have been counting down every second. "
They are probably out of stock everywhere! How are we supposed to get it now?" I said furiously.

"I dunno dude.." Ren worryingly said.

"It's okay, we can go back tomorrow" Mei patting me on the back to try and comfort me.

I felt like crying, but I knew it wasn't the end of the world. All I had to do was come back tomorrow right?

"I guess I'll see you guys.. tomorrow.." Ren left in a hurry.

"Mei are you going to go home too?" I asked with a puzzled looked on my face.

"Yes but give me a call tonight when and where we can meet up and buy it tomorrow."