a stupid blond? no, traumatized.

Start from the beginning

Naofumi looked at him. He supposed he wasn't all just a narcissistic brute who took things to the extreme. Aka. a huge drama queen. Naofumi fixed himself a bit, placing a supportive hand on Motoyasu's shoulder- though awkwardly. Wasn't like people vented to him- especially about their entire life crumbling apart. 

"I won't lie to you, Kitamura, I most certainly won't trust you any amount I would have if you took my side in the beginning, but..." Naofumi began, his words slow- thinking of what words to say next. He spoke from heart, but he didn't want to set off anything to make the blond's feelings worse. "You don't have to think there's no chance to build some type of bond. If you treat me like a human and like a hero- I would honestly love to help you sort everything out and maybe help you figure out and show your real self. You were depressed, did that not concern you? I think you just wanted acceptance- but please,  None of this I have to be perfect shit- okay? This isn't aimed to make you feel worse, but you aren't perfect- no matter what you do. You can't be perfect- everyone has flaws-"

"So what are yours, Iwatani? You don't- You're perfect... No bad reputation anymore, a good team member, a good personality with good morals- and for fucks sake's you said you're willing to forgive me! And I could sit here for a long time giving examples and telling you all about how you're perfect!" Motoyasu cried, a weary expression on his face. A trembling body only matched that. 

"If you think I'm perfect, you're delusional," Naofumi huffed. He grabbed Motoysu's hand, maybe looking to help him calm. Luckily, the blond did seem to calm a tad bit. "Kitamura... I don't know what set this all off for you- but I think you just- need some time to yourself- and to just do what you want to do. Do you remember anything from before you were on this bandwagon of perfectionism? Anything that sets it off you want to mention... Cause I want to help. It's obvious your perspective of yourself is horrible- and you're only going to wear yourself down until you can't take anymore." 

Motoyasu narrowed his eyes. "Well, I dropped a lot of the things I liked- and changed so much about myself because of my mother's pressure. She wanted to be big, but she didn't make it... And my brother- well- he turned to drugs and alcohol to cope with all the shit my mother was saying to him. But- I think- her and my friend. I mean- I'm not even a natural blond- I mean- I like it- but it was to make me look better and more- desirable. But- I don't think looks are the main thing... But,  I used to really enjoy sewing and sketching dresses, used to enjoy makeup, and used to love baking- think I dropped those cause they were seen as girly. I liked talking about nerdy ass shit I was into... And I had a thing for gaming and music. You know- things that weren't good grades, reading, becoming a star or a multi-millionaire- and most certainly weren't going to make me perfect for anyone."

"Well, I'd rather hear you talk about 'cringy' ass shit- rather than hear you go on about yourself. I mean, I'd assume it was to make yourself feel better, but still. There are a few limitations here in Melromarc- but I can get some materials for tailoring- or help you craft some stuff- and I'm sure the girls would love to have some more clothing, so. If you can befriend them, I'm sure they'd appreciate having you around, as long as you drop your fake made-up personality. And I mean, Motoyasu, you can bake- No one in my party will judge you for that. Just- please- act and do what you enjoy. Don't force yourself to act a certain way, and even if it takes time to figure out, just show what emotion you want, and don't repress it. If you're really excited about something you think is cringy or not perfect- just- please- talk about it to me or something. I'm not going to tell you to shut up, or that you're weird. Hell, I'm into half the same shit..." 

Motoyasu gave a small nod. "I just... in public- I can't just change my entire personality... Shouldn't I still be out there, exposed and- confident?" 

Naofumi held his hand a bit tighter. "Kitamura. You don't have to be. Think of this... All those people were under the mindset I was the bad guy, that's why they turned to you and Malty so easily; especially because you made your name known so quickly, and in a supposedly good manner. I'm not saying let yourself go, and most certainly- I want you to be happy- but that doesn't mean showing off. Just be kind, happy and yourself- at least when you find what that means for you. Some people may still like the fake you more, but those are stubborn people- who acted just the way Malty did. I'm sure you can get a good reputation back- and figure out yourself while at it," Naofumi assured.