8. Carriage

-Jocelyn POV-

I walked with my mother, sister, and brother to the royal carriage where we would be living for a month or so, "I would advise you to not eat so much Jocelyn." My mother told me, "What do you mean by that mother?" I asked her.

"We will have lemon cakes and all sorts of sweets in there, your future husband might like a slim stag he can ride, not a stout one." She remarked back, I stared at her through the corner of my eye, "Get in the carriage, we don't want to keep the wolves waiting." She instructed me as I climbed in before her.

I settled next to a window and Tommen settled next to me with some blankets he was holding for us, "Is Joffrey not going to join us mother?" Myrcella asked her. I smiled at my sister question, "No little Lion he is going to ride with the men." She was telling the truth for the most part she had tried to coerce Joffrey into being in the carriage, but he refuse as always.

"Maybe I can join them." Tommen gleamed in, "No Tommen, you are to young, my young cub." I saw how Tommen face darkened at the words but my mother payed no mind and started to catch up on some needlework, I leaned over to Tommen ear, "In Winterfell maybe I will go riding with you and you can be like the men out there." He looked up at me and gave me a golden smile.

"I would like that very much." He whispered, I patted his head ma sit only took a few hours before Tommen and Myrcella was asleep, though me and my mother were awake. I stared out the window and saw the Kingsroad, "You'll make a pretty bride Jocelyn." I heard a voice say in the silence.

I looked over to her, "What?" I was confused on what she had said to me, "I remember I told you as a child you would make a pretty bride one day, I am glad to see I wasn't wrong." I stared at her for a second, "Thank you." I said to her, though the silence quickly took over any other words we were to say.