Part 33: Goode Goggles

November 31, 4:19pm
Hollywood

When Willa got back to her trailer, Garfield was waiting for her. He was laying on her couch, tossing a ball in the air. When he heard the door open he jumped up.

"You're back!" He exclaimed. "Look what you got!" He held up Willa's unopened Goode Goggles. "Can I try them?"

"And here I thought you were excited to see me," Willa joked, gesturing for Gar to play with the goggles. Willa didn't want them anyway. All employees of Goode Enterprises got a free pair and hers had sat in this trailer for weeks. At least Gar was excited to use them.

"How was work?" Garfield asked as he ripped open the packaging.

"It was good," Willa grabbed a casual outfit and went to the bathroom to change, "I don't want to jinx it, but I think this movie is going to be pretty good. Ryder is a great actor." Willa could hear Gar's whoops at whatever game he was playing. She finished pulling on a sweatshirt and opened the door. "I saw the Outsiders had a major win. Some ocean monster? And you saved a bunch of meta-teens."

She stopped talking when she realized Garfield wasn't listening. He was into the game. Willa got a bottle of water and stared at Garfield, confused. What game was he playing? The excited shouts from a minute ago were gone, and he wasn't moving, just sitting still with the goggles on.

Willa jumped slightly when Garfield stood up quickly.

"Gar?" Willa asked. He didn't respond. "Garfield?"

He didn't say a thing, just walked around her coffee table, headed to her trailer door, still wearing Goode Goggles.

"Garfield!" Willa stepped in front of him. "Are you alright?"

He put a hand on her shoulder and shoved her out of the way. Willa grabbed his arm to stop him, pulling him back from the door. "What is wrong with you?" She gasped as he swung at her head, ducking the sloppy swing, but she did let go of his arm.

Something was seriously wrong, and if Willa had to bet, it was Gretchen Goode's fault. She couldn't let Garfield leave, not while he was unresponsive wearing those VR Goggles.

She took a step towards him, forcing him to take a step back. She kicked her leg behind his and thrust her palm into the center of his chest, shoving him backwards, tripping over her foot, and sending him sprawling on the ground. He didn't move.

"Oh god," Willa muttered. She felt his neck for a pulse and breathed a sigh of relief when she found it. He was fine, but he was laying on his back, not moving. She tried to take the goggles off of him but cried out as electric shocks prevented her from touching them.

She rushed to her phone to call M'gann.

**

Willa opened the door immediately at M'gann's soft knock. "You're here. I'm sorry, I didn't know who to call, but I think it's something with his mind, so..."

M'gann gave Willa a quick hug, "you did the right thing." Then she dropped down beside Gar, still unresponsive. "Hm, it's definitely some type of mind control."

"Can you help him?" Willa asked hopefully.

"I can help him help himself. But it'll take time."

Willa nodded, shifting her weight between her feet. Good. This was good. He would be fine. M'gann would figure out what happened.

"You said he became like this when he put on the goggles?" M'gann asked.

"Yeah, he was playing a game and then went all silent. Didn't say a word but got up like he had someplace to be. Tried to leave."

Nightwing: Heartacheजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें