Part 7: Space Trek 3016 Premiere

June 4, 8:30pm
Hollywood

Willa was a little nervous. Red carpets weren't as intimidating anymore, though the onslaught of people yelling and flashes were always a little disconcerting. No, it wasn't the red carpet, she had her armor on. A black designer jumpsuit with purple embellishments and matching jewelry, her own take on the Space Trek uniform. She was nervous because she had never scored an invite to a Goode World Studios premiere before. They liked to keep it exclusive, just for people part of the company. Gretchen Goode said it feeds into the 'family feel' of the studio. She was part of that family now.

When Willa stepped out of the black SUV a cheer erupted from the crowd behind metal barricades, all leaning forward for a selfie and an autograph. To the outside world, Willa had just confirmed her involvement in the hotly anticipated superhero love story Shadowblaster, coming next year. Not that Willa would actually confirm it, that was the studio's job to roll out the cast whenever they felt like it, this was just a fun, unofficial confirmation for the fans of heroes and movies everywhere.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you," Willa said over and over, trying to take as many photos and sign as many things as she could. She was lucky her name wasn't too long. When security motioned Willa to walk the carpet she posed for photos and stopped by the dozens of reporters for a short interview.

"Does your appearance tonight mean what I think it means?" Courtney Whitmore asked Willa, shoving a microphone in her face.

Willa laughed, "it means I'm about to get a first look at the new Space Trek 3016 season and I couldn't be more excited."

Courtney laughed knowingly, "and what about those pesky rumors that you're set to star alongside Ryder Woods in the blockbuster of the decade?"

Willa scrunched her eyebrows together, "what movie is Ryder doing?"

Courtney stood stunned for a moment but Willa gave another laugh and a knowing wink into the camera before wishing Courtney a goodnight and moving along. She was about to step onto the next mark for photos when she heard a familiar voice come from beside her.

"Willa Opal? Is that really you?"

Willa swallowed nervously and offered a small smile to Beast Boy, "Garfield Logan?"

"Oh my god, it is you!"

Garfield ran forward and wrapped his arms around Willa's waist in a tight hug that Willa returned just as fiercely. She didn't know Beast Boy well, just a few passing moments, and she had seen him onscreen, but she couldn't help feeling like a proud big sister at how grown he was.

"It's so good to see you," Willa said, still hugging him. They both broke apart due to the influx of pictures being taken of them. "Let's go inside before I get labeled a cougar."

Beast Boy laughed and slung one arm over Willa's shoulder, posing for a picture looking utterly endearing and completely platonic. "I like your outfit," he remarked, leading her inside.

"Well, I did take inspiration from you. Hope I didn't show you up on your big night."

"I'm honored," he pulled out his phone as soon as they got inside the theater hosting the premiere. "Wait till I tell M'gann you're here. She's going to be so jealous."

"How is M'gann?" Willa asked once they were safely in the lobby, standing near a wall, hidden from any cameras or eavesdroppers.

Garfield looked up from his phone. "Have you not spoken recently?" Willa shook her head and the color drained from Garfield's face. "Oh, wow, I just put my foot in my mouth. Of course not. Because you... um, well, M'gann is good. Great!" He offered a thumbs up then outwardly cringed.