Home Sweet Home

"Wow."

Tord was genuinely impressed on how Edd had been able to "decorate" his sleeping area, located on a ledge in the cavern. There was a worn-down poster of some unrecognizable band stuck onto the cave wall, their faces and names blurred by time and salt water. The green merman seemed to have a collection of common human things; all of it was placed into a messy display. There was a tattered mattress on the rocky ground, and Edd was currently scavenging around for something for Tord to sleep on.

"I hope you don't mind bunking with me," Edd told him. "I sort of didn't have anything planned. We could probably find you somewhere else to sleep tomorrow, if you want."

"No, no. I'm fine staying here, as long as you don't, like, snore or anything," the Norski replied.

Edd thought about it. "I don't think I do. It's hard to tell when you're the one asleep, though."

Tord couldn't help but laugh, getting cut short by a pillow thrown at him. The thing was larger than him, causing him to tumble and nearly hit the ground.

"Sorry!" The darker brunet called out as Tord picked up the pillow. Examining it, he replied, "It's alright." It was a very faded orange, and torn a bit on the side, but seemed to be in good condition nonetheless. Who the fuck throws a pillow into the ocean? he though as he got back to where Edd had set up.

The red merman whacked Edd in the tail as payback, making him flinch away and chuckle. "I'm sorry, alright?" he exclaimed.

"I know," the lighter brunette answered with a smug smile. "It's not gonna stop me, though."

"Well, maybe this will." And with that, Edd snatched the pillow out of his roommate's hands. Next to Edd, it looked average-sized, maybe even a bit smaller. The sight made Tord remember how dangerous life would be at his new size, and his mind began to spiral.

Edd noticed Tord beginning to zone out. Placing the pillow on the ground next to his mattress, he called out Tord's name, snapping him out of his dissociation.

"Are you doing alright?" he asked the Norski.

"Well, this whole thing is... I just... I can't really explain. I'm not really sure how to feel about all of this, I guess," Tord responded to his roommate. "I'm sorry."

"Hey, that's alright; you have no reason to apologize to me. I can only imagine how strange this must be. But I'm sure you'll readjust, and if you need anything, I'm happy to try and help."

Tord hesitated. "Thank you, Edd," he finally muttered, a small smile creeping up his lips.

"Anytime!" Edd chirped. "If anything, though, I recommend getting some sleep. We can figure stuff out in the morning, and you'll be able to think more clearly after rest. At least that's what I'd assume; we only met not too long ago." He finished with a sheepish laugh.

"Nah, you're probably right," Tord said, laying down on the makeshift bed. It felt sort of awkward in his new surroundings, but only moments later he fell asleep.

[A/N: Short as fuck, I know. This was more of a filler chapter but I promise the next one will be longer.]