Chapter 29: epilogue

Start from the beginning

"WHAT?" Eleanor yelled. Looking at the monitor she saw two heads, four arms, and four legs that, without a doubt, belonged to twins. After some small talk with the nurse they left the clinic "Mom, how did you know?" Eleanor asked as they began to walk to the car. "I have dealt with pregnant women who have mood swings all the time. That is a fairly common side effect." Sophie said.

Looking down nervously Eleanor began to think. Then it hit her, Ryan! Her poor husband... "Mom, we have to get some things before going home." Eleanor said as she thought of a plan to surprise Ryan.

Later:

Eleanor waited impatiently. She had dinner on the table. Sitting down she heard the door open and close. In came Ryan. Sighing he put some papers down and said "Eleanor, I'm sorry If I made you mad in any way." "No, no. you didn't make me mad, come here. I need to show you something important." Eleanor smiled. Taking his hand she took him to the spare room that they often used as a guest room. Opening the door Ryan saw it had been turned into a nursery. He looked at Eleanor shocked, she smiled and said, "Twins, you're going to be the proud father of two baby girls." Ryan tried to speak several times before he finally said "Really?" She nodded, just before she started demanding her husband put her down as he started cheering and spinning her around.

Months Later

Outside of the delivery room of the hospital everybody was waiting nervously. Delta, Sophia, Mark, Cindy, Gracie, Stanley, Jack, and some of the Little Sisters were waiting for Ryan and Eleanor to come out.

Meanwhile, inside the room, Ryan was waiting nervously for the first baby to come out. It wasn't good, especially with Eleanor's screams. Finally the first baby was out. "Eleanor look at her, she is so small, she-" Ryan stopped when he saw that the doctors made a mistake in identifying the baby's gender "-a boy." He finished.

The Doctors cleaned and brought over their new son. "hello my baby boy." a very tired Eleanor as she took her baby. He stopped crying once he was in his mothers arms. "It's a boy." The doctor announced as he took away the second boy to have him cleaned before giving him to his mother.

Soon the last baby was out "It's a girl!" The doctor announced as he took away the girl to have her cleaned. Eleanor happily took her three fraternal triplets.

The first boy had her dark hair, but his fathers looks. The girl had blond hair, and Eleanor's face. The second boy had his fathers looks just like his brother, but he had fiery red hair. Just taking one look at both of them Eleanor already loved them. The first boy opened his eyes and looked at her, his eyes were mismatched, one was blue like the ocean, the other was grey. His sister has two blue eyes. His brother had two greens.

"Now what are we going to name them?" Ryan asked, he was mostly worried about his son. Since they were preparing for two baby girls, not two boys and a girl.

"I like Sophie," Eleanor said. Sophie and Sandra were the names they picked out, but Eleanor was more fond of the name Sophie.

"Sophie Andrew Lamb." The nurse said as she wrote the name of the baby girl.

"Hows about for our first son Alan?" Ryan suggested.

"No, he looks more like a J. James?" Eleanor replied.

"Too common." Ryan said.

"You're right, How about Jacob?" Eleanor said after a few seconds of thought.

"Jacob Andrew Lamb, I like the sound of that." Ryan agreed.

"I think our little poppy haired boy looks more like a... Charles?" Eleanor replied.

"how about Redmon?" Ryan suggested with a smirk.

"No, we are not naming him that!" Eleanor said.

"Ok it was just a joke, How about something odd?" Ryan said after a few seconds of thought.

"What do you mean odd?" Eleanor interrogated.

"AH! I got it, Rodey" Ryan proclaimed.

Eleanor looked at Ryan as though he grew as though he was a twin she mistook for her husband, but then she gave the name some thought...

"Rodey Andrew Lamb, I like the sound of that." Eleanor agreed.

Six Months Later

After going back home Ryan and Eleanor pretty much had to take half of the things they got and exchange them for boy things, got another crib, and painted half of the room blue since they originally painted it completely lavender.

It was night time, they finally got the babies to bed, but Jacob didn't want to sleep. "I don't think he wants to sleep now." Eleanor said. "Forget about it, he'll fall asleep eventually." Ryan said, kissing his wife. They turned off the lights before leaving the room.

An hour passed, Jacob cooed to himself as he looked around his room. There was a sound, the window slowly opened and an armoured figure came in. The light from it's helmet was green as it leaned over the crib and stared at Jacob, Jacob cooed again in wonder as it took off it's helmet.

Jacob looked at the man confused. Why was his dad wearing such shiny clothing? The man took him from the crib. He was sort of cold, and damp. Sitting down on the wooden rocking chair he started swaying back and forth slowly.

Jacob cooed as he touched his shiny clothes wearing dad on the cheek.

"I can see it, you dream of it. You dream of Rapture and yet you don't even know what it is or what type of place it is yet. Be patient, soon you will go there and it will be yours to keep, to own, and do whatever you want with it." He said, Jacob cooed again, not understanding what his dad was saying but liking the familiar sound. There was a creaking sound, shiny clothed dad looked at his brother. Jacob's brother Rodey was standing outside his crib, "what... what are you doing up little buddy, wanna join us?" shiny dad said to his brother, Brother walked over and joined Jacob in shiny dad's arms. The three of them sat there for a few minutes, Jacob and Rodey occasionally cooing to each other or shiny dad

Getting up he placed Jacob back on the crib before putting a Big Daddy doll there. Jacob cooed as he crawled over to get his new toy. Then he placed Rodey in his crib placing a homemade rat plush with him. The man smiled before leaving the room through the window.

Jacob watched him go, not knowing that in the morning he and his brother's toys would be taken away.

Or that years later they would embark on a journey to Rapture, their enemies turned into allies and the best friends he could ever have. Or that he would stay there with an army of people to help him rebuild and remould Rapture into the utopia it was supposed to be...

The end? I don't think so, the real battle has just begun...