Chapter 36 - A Lethal Game of Secrets

Start from the beginning

"I think it's time we pull our people back home."

Klaus nods, "Agreed."

Elijah stands up, "I'll get everything in motion."

As Elijah exits the room, Klaus turns to me, "So, love, how do you plan on playing with Lucien's head?"

I smirk as I lean back on the couch, "By using his own ego against himself."

Klaus grins back as he catches Hope and Faith who throw themselves into the arms of their father.

Elijah is in the middle of his own workout at the new gym Marcel has set up at St. Anne's church, where he is vigorously punching and kicking a punching bag.

After a moment, he gets so heated in his exercise that he punches the bag clear across the room, where it knocks over a bench press and hand-weights.

"Impressive." Phoebe muses as she holds a card in her hand while leaning against the wall.

Phoebe pushes of the wall and walk towards him, "Something the matter, Elijah? There's nothing you want to talk about? Like... The Strix?"

Elijah stops his movements and turns to look at her with a raised eyebrow. "What about The Strix?" he asks, wiping the sweat from his brow with a towel.

"I do hope that you can come, old chum. Signed, Tristan." Phoebe reads off the card before waving the invitation slightly as she smirks.

Elijah walks over and plucks the invite out of her hands to read it for himself.

"I had put the twins down for a nap and was getting ready to come join you when some vampire dropped it off."

Elijah skims the invitation, which reads in full 'You are cordially invited to an evening of exquisite excess. The Davilla Estate, 7041 St. Charles Avenue. Midnight,'

"Care for a date?" Phoebe asks, raising an eyebrow with a playful glint in her eye.

Elijah chuckles softly and hands the invitation back to her. "As tempting as that sounds, I'm afraid I need tonight not to go up in flames." he says, a mischievous glint in his eye.

Phoebe pouts playfully. "Even if I promise to behave."

Elijah grabs Phoebe and vamps them back into the chain-link cage wall, pinning Phoebe against the it by her wrists.

"I highly doubt you know the meaning of the word 'behave'." Elijah growls, brushing his lips against hers.

Phoebe melts into the kiss, wrapping her arms around his neck and deepening the kiss. Elijah's hands trail down her sides, pulling her tightly against him as he explores her mouth with his tongue. The scent of her perfume and sweat mingles in the air, intensifying their primal desires.

Elijah breaks the kiss, his eyes darkening with lust as he gazes at her.

"What do you say I take a little break." he growls, his hands trail down her abdomen to the zipper on her pants.