"I don't get it. First, I heard about your secret mating agreement with my brother, and now it's an avatar body? What is my father up to? Why is he keeping these things from us?"

He said, exhaling from his nose. His hands were clenched in frustration. I sighed and touched his arm to calm him down. However, he quickly pulled his arm away with a dismissive gesture. Well...

We continued walking in silence. When I turned to look at Spider on my left, he just shrugged as if to say, "What can I do?" When Lo'ak suddenly turned toward me, I quickly shifted my gaze to him. His brows were still furrowed, but his anger seemed to have subsided, even if just a bit.

"Since my father is keeping secrets from all of us, not telling us about things, how did he manage to tell you, and why did you just agree to everything?"

He said, locking his eyes onto mine. I stared at his face for a few seconds. I couldn't say anything. I couldn't tell him that I had a life-threatening illness. No.

"I'm sorry for not telling you."

Lo'ak's anger returned upon hearing my response. He became angry. Without realizing it, he grabbed my shoulders tightly and shook me.

"No, you have to tell me! I'm your friend! How could you keep a secret from your friend!"

I stood frozen, unable to respond to Lo'ak's actions. I couldn't say anything. This time, Lo'ak bent down to my level, waiting for me to speak. I lowered my head, avoiding eye contact with him.

"Lo'ak... Please don't push me. Even Jake knowing kills me, now, if you know, I'll feel terrible."

Lo'ak's furrowed brows suddenly shot up in surprise. He looked down for a while, lost in thought. Then he looked back at me. His face had turned serious.

"Does anyone else know besides my father?"

"Your mother, Max, and Norm know. That's it."

Upon hearing my words, Lo'ak suddenly dropped to his knees and looked at me.

"Why don't you tell me? Aren't we friends? Since when do friends keep secrets from each other? Don't you trust me?"

I furrowed my brow in the midst of the stress I was feeling. I knew he didn't like lies and secrecy, but... Lo'ak... Why do you push me like this? I hope I won't regret it. I turned around and looked at Spider. He quickly understood the situation, nodded understandingly, and started heading toward the clan. But just then, we heard a sound. Lo'ak and I looked in the direction of the noise in surprise. Lo'ak called out to him.

"What's going on?"

Spider turned to us and answered.

"I don't know, the bushes over there just moved suddenly. I think it was an wild animal."

Spider didn't dwell on the matter and waved at us before making his way towards the clan. A wild animal? Near the clan's territory? How strange. Once Spider was gone, I approached Lo'ak and whispered to him, "I have a life-threatening illness and Jake offered me the chance to use an avatar body because I once saved Neteyam's life, and in return, they want to save me using an avatar body as well."

Lo'ak was frozen upon hearing what I said. He didn't say anything. He just looked at me. Then, stammering, he spoke.

"W-what? So, you... Eywa, why? Is that why you've been getting tired so easily and your face has been getting paler day by day?"

I nodded my head to confirm what he said. He stood up, a mixture of sadness and anguish on his face. As he walked away, I finally managed to escape the suffocating atmosphere and took a deep breath. Lo'ak quickly nudged me forward from behind and urged me to walk.