chapter 26

- Zoey's POV

"Dash!" I said as soon as I came out of the elevator just in time to see him being taken to the emergency room. "Zoey?" he voice was rough. Tears fell from my eyes. "You're such a jerk, I was about to leave to Japan and leave you. Why didn't you want me to help? I never worked here for the money, I wanted to heal you Dash" I said holding his hands tightly.

He gave me a small smile, "Sorry, I didn't want you to be sad or hurt if...I don't make it" he gently brushed the tears away. I cried harder, "Don't die Dash, please don't die!" I begged.

"The doctors said the chances of me survived this surgery of getting a new heart someone donated just in time is 5 out of 100 chances"

"Miss, he need to go to the emergency room now, please wait here" the doctors said. I nodded and looked down at him one more time, "When you get out alive, I'm so beating the crap out of you" I said.

He chuckle lightly, "Deal, wait for me"

" I will."

He smiled at me before the doctors carried him in the emergency room and closed the door.

Please, God, let him survive.

"I brought you something to drink" I looked up to see Demi offering me a bottle of water and a small sad smile.

"Thanks, you think he'll be okay?" I said as Demi sat next to me. "I honestly can't say. I pray to God he would be, that the donor's heart will help him. By the way, he told me to mail this to you if the surgery wasn't successful" she gave me the key card that he gave me last time.

"Thanks, but I don't need it. I believe he'll make it" I said. "Why do you think that?" she sipped his coffee. "Because he is the most stubborn persistent person I know, he'll make it" I said firmly.

She smiled at me, "Teenagers these days" she laughed softly.

XoXOXoXoxo 26 hours later....

I watched as the emergency lights turned from red to black, indicating the surgery was done. I got up when I saw one of the doctors come out. "Doctor how's Dash?" I said.

He took off his gloves and looked me in the eyes.

"The donor's heart he received in the neck of time was..."

I closed my eyes, my heart racing.

"Successful"

I opened my eyes, wide at him. He smiled at me. I let out a choke of laughter and cried. He did it.

He survived; he's going to be okay.

"Can I see him?" I said. "Of course, he's still resting but you can sit next to him if you like" I nodded eagerly and went inside his room.

He was sleeping there peacefully. His chest all patched up. 'He's alive, he survived after 16 years he's...cured' I thought holding his hands.

Even when he was asleep, I swore I felt his hand slowly curling around my hands.

favorite chapter ♥ one more chapter left til the end of the book D: