chapter 25

Zoey's POV

            I carried my bag slowly to the school bus. Why did he act like that? 

            "Zoey are you all right?" I turned to Kristen who's eyes was filled with concern. "I'm fine" I said not bothering to look at her. "No you're not, you've been acting that that all week did something happen with you and Dash?"

            "Kinda. Dash didn't want me to help anymore, I quit it's...over" I clutched onto my shirt, trying hard not to cry. "I'm glad you're coming with us to the trip, Dash probably wanted you too, I didn't want to see him go like that also."

            "What was that?" I turned to her .What did she meant, 'Didn't want to see him go like that?'

            "Dash didn't tell you did he?" she widened her eyes. "Tell me what?" I said facing her. Just then the bus started to move, the students burst into 'Hooray's!'

            "Shit! No wonder Demi said she didn't want you to work for this week! Dash must have told her to keep it a secret. He's planning this all out, the firing, the quiting the I want to break up with you crap" she said to herself

"Kristen what are you saying?" I turned to her fully. "Zoey, sh●t I'm so sorry! I didn't know Dash didn't tell you!" she burst out crying, everyone in the school bus stared at us.

            "What's happening to Dash?!" I yelled. "I over heard him when I was walking with Lucas. He talking to Demi about breaking up with you and also making you quit even though he loves you! He...he's going to die this week!"

            I shot up really quickly. It all made sense, the way he seemed so hurt and angry at me when I said I was going to Japan. He didn't want to die alone yet he didn't want me to see. God I'm so stupid!

            I jumped from my school bus seat. "Stop the bus!" I yelled. "We can't we're almost at the high way! Sit down right now!" he ordered. Before I can stop myself I hit the break with my foot. 

            Everyone yelled, clearly scared. I pulled the lever to the school bus door open and jumped down. Everyone looked from there window seats, I didn't care. 

            I ran

            and ran

            "DEMI!" I burst through the hospital door, huffing and crying. Demi was taken back. "Zoey what are you doing here? You're supposed to be on your way to Japan!" she said.

            "Where's Dash?" I looked around, frantic. "Why do you ask?" she blocked me from the elevator. “I know why he wanted me to quit, he knows he'll die this week, I'm not letting him" I said firmly.

            "How can you help him?" she said looking a bit confuse.

            I gave her a small smile, "I am his nurse, his love. Love never dies" She slowly stepped away from the elevator as I walked inside. 

            "I hope you're right about that. Hurry up and help Dash, Zoey, you're his only one" she said as the elevator closed.

            Don't die on me yet Dash, please don't.