chapter 2

Zoey's POV

"So about right after school, you and me at dinner?" I sighed and faced Jon. You have to admit, he’s very determined when he wants something (And bold). He’s been asking me out every day since 6th grade though I told him no. Since then he’s been more of a brother to me and a best friend.

"No can do, I have a job after school. Since my parent’s divorce I can’t get anything I want unless I work for it" I slammed my locker shut and headed down the hall. "All right, see ya love!" he called out.

"Good luck at your job" Kristen said as I passed by her. She was posting a new signup sheet. "Thanks, what need club is it now?" I asked. She rolled her eyes, "Apparently the principal wants a glee club" she mumbled. I laughed and waved bye before walking to my job.

-Dash’s POV

"What happened to that nurse yesterday?" I asked Demi who was folding the bed sheets that needed to be washed. "Her name was Lucy. But because of your behavior, she quit like all the nurses who tried to help you. Why don’t you let us help you Dash?" she looked at me.

Unlike the other nurses here, I actually listen to her, a little. She was like a mother to me. I put my hands behind my head, "There’s no point, everyone gives up later on" I shrug like it was no big deal. Demi sighed, "Well from what Richard told me, you’re having a new nurse today."

I snickered. Richard is the boss of this hospital, not to mention my father’s best friend. He was always trying to help me. "Please don’t drive away this nurse too" she warned. I chuckle, "Don’t count on it."

I walked out of the room. "Well see ya later Demi, I better get back to my room." She nodded as I closed the door and walked down the hall, waiting for the next victim to come.

Zoey’s POV

I walked inside the hospital to see Demi walking down the hall with a little girl. She looked at me and smiled. I smiled back and walked over to her. "Zoey, so glad to see you, can you give me a moment?" I nodded and she bends down to come face to face with the little girl.

"Ana I need to help out this new nurse with her job, so is it all right to go to your room by yourself?" the little girl looked at me for a second then back at her and shyly, nodded. Demi chuckle as the girl, Ana started to walk away.

"Sorry about that" I shook my head, "Not a problem" I said. She went behind the main counter and handed me a file of paper. "Well today you’re going to meet your patient so just read this over. Then just go home and fill some basic questions out, sound easy enough?"

I nodded, ‘Great, just want I needed, more homework.’ She was about to start showing me around when there was a loud crash in the room next to us followed by crying.

"Oh no, Zoey could you just wait here a second or look around a bit if you like. I hope Ana's okay" she ran inside the room to calm down the crying. I looked over at the paper that was going to be my patient.

Name: Dash Jereda

Location: 2nd floor, room 179

Age: 16

Birthday: November 13th

Family member:?

I stopped looking at the info. Dash… could that be the boy I saw yesterday that Demi said was Dash? I hoped not, from what Demi told me about what happened to the nurses, I rather not.

I looked over at the question and it was easy enough that a 3rd grader could fill out. ‘Well since she said I should go look around a bit, I think I would like to see my patient.' With that I started to look for the elevator.

vote or comment :)