8: End of an Era

DREAM POV

Y/N: And then... you put the cartridge in this way.

Aqua: Okay... 

I grab ahold of her blue metal hands, teaching her how to hold it. 

The hand cannon falls and hits the ground, then we keep our hands held together.

I kiss her the best I can, my lips touching her metal mouth as her eyes shut off, assuming she's closing them. 

TIMESKIP!

Y/N: AQUA, REMEMBER!!!

*BRRRRR!* 

Aqua: I got it! Small arms boost! 

She fires the last shot in her hand cannon as the ogre approaches on us. 

*LOUD OGRE SCREAM! BANG!* 

That last shot puts down Kovik, the splicer priest who's famous for his twisted experiments. 

He falls to the floor, and the ogre's brain on his launcher has no life left in it, Wretched Gaze is finally destroyed. 

*LOUD SLAM!* 

The ogre dies, but takes something with him, what I didn't know yet was... who it was...

Y/N: We did it... it's over...

Aqua automated, crackling: Y-Y/N...

I look across the room, Aqua is sparking and crackling on the ground, holding her hand towards me. 

YN: Aqua! No! NONONO!

*WARLOCK GLIDE WHOOSH!* 

I leap over to her, sliding to her side. 

I grab onto her hand as she coughs. 

A titan, so fearless... she got herself killed for it... but... its what she would've wanted, dying in battle...

Y/N: Where's your ghost? 

Ghost: I'm not detecting one around...

She opens my hand forcefully as a black oil-like substance comes out of her mouth as she coughs. 

She puts her ghost in my hand. 

The beautiful purple and orange shell, beaten, shattered, eye cracked and in multiple pieces. 

Ghost: Oh no... 

Aqua... I'm so sorry...

Y/N: Aqua... 

Aqua: Don't... don't be like that, bookworm, heh... *wheeze*

Y/N: I... I can't... Ghost, can you do something? 

She coughs more, her torso and legs are shattered, flattened by the ogre's slam. 

Ghost: I... I can't, I am attuned to you, unless you're fine with dying as I save her. 

Aqua: Don't do it... just... let me do this bookworm, please. 

I feel myself start to cry as I take my helmet off, pressing our foreheads together. 

Aqua: It's going to be fine... I'll always be with you... y-you *cough* know who told me that... *automated gurgling* 

Her voice module begins to fail. 

Aqua: I l-l-l-lo-lo- *static* 

She looks in my eyes one last time, stealing a kiss from me until she falls from her injuries, arms going limp, her glowing eyes and mouth shutting down.