Pins and Needles

After a while, you and Suzuya packed up and started towards the CCG headquarters, mostly because the childish boy wanted someone to. You insisted that he could walk back himself, but he whined like a six year old, complaining when you snapped at him, and claiming that he wanted someone to talk to. You finally caved and trudged with the excited boy, who skipped and bounced all the way to the headquarters. After what seemed like forever, mostly because of Suzuya's boringly long stores, you arrived at the headquarters. 

"Okay, can I go home now?" You were starting to mutter.

"....... Maybe." The boy grinned widely, cheekily even.

That didn't sound like the answer you wanted. You groaned and followed him into the building, slumping your shoulders as you dawdled behind him. That soon changed as you approached a tall man with short, dark hair. Suzuya's eyes sparkled as he bounced over to him with a friendly intent.

"Hello Amon!! Have you met [y/n]–San?" He stared up at the tall man.

Amon simply glanced down with a guarded gaze, looking you up and down. "I believe I've heard of her." He held out a hand. "Greetings. I'm Amon."

You shook the hand shyly, looking up at him. "[y/n]..."

He let out an amused exhale, his eyes warmer than they had been before. "It's incredible that you could put up with Juuzou. Almost nobody can."

You nodded slowly. "Heheh.... Yea..." You looked at Suzuya, who looked impatient as he tapped his foot rapidly on the floor. "I think I'd better follow him. He seems to be drying to bone over there."

Amon smiled a bit and nodded. "It was nice meeting you." He continued on his way, allowing you to do the same. You slunk down the hall with Suzuya, who was skipping around and chattering. You finally reached Shinohara's office, Suzuya peeking in and hopping through the door. "Shinohara–San!!" He seemed excited as he raced over and flung himself over the back of the man's seat to watch him work.

You waved and asked with a giggle, "Mind if I drop him off here?"

Shinohara smiled at you and nodded. "That's fine. I hope Juuzou isn't bothering you too much?"

You shook your head. "Oh, no, I just have to do chores and stuff and get home." You waved a farewell and slipped down the halls and out the door again, striding your way home. When you got home, you looked around for a bit. Your mom was no where in sight; the coast was clear. You could hear her in the kitchen, though, so you'd have to be quiet on the way to your room. You slunk around the house and raced up the stairs, skidding into your room and shutting the door quietly. You sighed with relief and flopped on your bed. Maybe tomorrow you'd visit Irene.

The moon hung silver in the dark sky by the time you'd stopped thinking to yourself. You curled on your side and covered up using the blankets, slowly drifting off with the thought of those lively cherry red eyes you always saw fresh in your memory.