Pastry

You slipped your jacket on, face flushing awkwardly as you stared at Suzuya's back. He opened the door, cherry red eyes gleaming as he watched you approach.

"Hurry hurry hurry hurry hurry hurry," he mumbled, tapping his foot. You finally hobbled over to the door, brightening Suzuya's eyes. He hopped out the door after you, jumping down the two steps in a single bound. He hummed, slowly becoming louder as he extended his arms at his sides and giggled. He did loops and ran in circles, finally stopping with a wide smile as he watched you. He dashed back to your side and skipped alongside you.

"Suzuya, have you ever been to Mina?"

The boy paused as he thought over the question. You thought it went in one ear and out the other, but he responded, surprisingly, to your contradictions.

"Yes, a few times, with Shinohara-San." he finally spoke up. His tone was seeming to have fondness while speaking about the Cafe.

You gave him a brisk nod and continued on, bobbing along the twisting sidewalks until you met with the Cafe's doors. You opened one, letting your childish companion hop through, then you followed him in yourself. The door shut softly behind you. You pulled Suzuya into the line, holding him still so he wouldnt try to skip in front of others. You finally reached the counter, ordering a blueberry bran muffin and a small cup of half and hard coffee, with Suzuya picking a raspberry pastry tart. You carried the items to your table, brightened by Suzuya's surprisingly obedient attitude. You sat down and sipped your coffee slowly, watching Suzuya nearly down his tart in one chomp.

"Hungry, huh?" You mumbled through the cup. He narrowed his red eyes at you, to which you teasingly stuck out your tongue and sipped your coffee again. Suddenly, you felt something smack against your leg hard, causing your nerves to spasm and jump, and your knee to hit the table oddly, creating a loud crashing noise. You felt embarrassed, turning around and smiling apologetically at the table behind you, and returning to glare at Suzuya. But as you turned, you saw that your blueberry bran muffin had coincidentally disappeared, which didn't strike you as odd. Suzuya had crumbs on his cheeks, and was staring out the window beside you as if he was innocent.

You couldn't seem to bring yourself to be angry at that bastard.