Chapter 0.10: A Magical Duet and Late-Night Talks

I quietly hum my parents' song that describes when my father was starting to show his feelings for her in his Beast form, it being originally sung by Mrs. Potts when she had the curse put on her by The Enchantress. Harry and Gil stop talking to each other and hear my humming.

"Gil, go watch Ben." Harry tells him in a hushed voice as I walk past and into an alleyway, Gil slowly nods and goes down to where my brother is being held captive.

Rose
Tale as old as time, true as it can be.
Barely even friends, then somebody bends. Unexpectedly.

I hear footsteps following me, I get in a fighting stance and look up, I see Harry.

Harry
Just a little change.
Rose
Just a little change.

I realize that I am still in my fight stance and he walks up to me, as I resume singing and ease up instantly.

My hand meets his hook in the air and we start to dance like my parents once did in the Beast Palace on the ballroom floor when they were circling around each other, before they ballroom danced.

Harry
Small, to say the least. Both a little scared, neither one prepared.

We begin hesitantly dancing, but he allows me to stand on his feet for some height a few times, my head cranes up at him and we make eye contact.

Both
Beauty and the Beast.

Both
Ever just the same, ever a surprise.
Ever as before, never just as sure.
As the sun will rise, ohh-oh.

We pass a VK who is playing on an electric guitar and starts having her solo, it makes me lean my head into Harry as we dance and maintain eye contact as we start singing again.

Harry
Certain as the sun.
Rose
Certain as the sun.

He gives me a goofy face in the middle of us dancing and singing, causing me to giggle a bit and I make one back and he shakes his head at me with a grin, holding back his laughter.

Harry
Rising in the east,
Rose
tale as old as time...
Harry
Song as old as rhyme...

Both
Beauty and the Beast.

Rose
Tale as old as time,
Harry
song as old as rhyme...

Harry suddenly picks me up and dips me as we start to finish our singing, my arms are wrapped around his neck, with a pounding faster than I can handle, I can hear it in my ears.

Both
Beauty and...the... Beast.

We share a look and lean in and kiss each other as my heart erupts into fireworks of pieces and my soul feels like it's became one with him. I love him, no matter how bad he might be. We pull away for air and stare at each other more.

"I love you." We blurt out at the same time and my eyes fill with happy tears. "Aw, now lass. Don't cry, do I make me'self buggin' clear? Even if they're happy tears, ye make me sane, lassie. It hurts me seein' ya cry." Nibbling on my lower lip with a tiny sniffle, I just cling onto him and kiss his neck gently, "The same implies for you, Pirate Harold."

I feel him slightly stiffen when I kiss his neck and he chuckles a tiny bit. "I'm Pirate Harold now, love?" I stare at him with slight annoyance. "Is that what I just called you?" He slowly nods, "Then that, is a nickname for you." I smirk at him as he carries me back into the Jolly Rodger with a faint yawn, I yawn back softly.

I see Ben, alone. "Where did Gil go?" I question my brother, tiredly. "Gaston needed him. He remembered after a while of telling me how he wanted to tell Mom and Pops that his Father is no longer jealous over the fact that Mom didn't marry him." I nod in understanding, Harry notices that I am close to falling asleep.

"Alright, time for yer sleepy arse to sleep, it's late. Say goodnight to your..." He stops talking as my eyes start closing, he snickers but carries me to his Quarters to sleep and he puts me on his bed and kisses me in my hair. Before he leaves, I peak an eye open. "Where are you..." My voice becomes slurred by sleep nearly consuming me.

"I am going to have dinner with my father and sisters, I would bring you to meet them and dine with us, but you are actually falling asleep as we speak. I will come back though, lass."

I mumble a noise, completely incoherent, he sighs and walks over and kisses my forehead as he covers me up gently. "I'll be back, love. Just close yer eyes." I nod and start doing so, letting the sleep consume me.

I feel him tuck some loose hair behind my ear. He whistles a tune quietly as he softly shuts the door behind him, making me completely fall asleep.