7: Trials of Kitsunes

Depuis le début

Ghost hovers back up, nodding to Ahri.

Ghost: Nice to meet you too...

Y/N: This is my Ghost, but I never gave him a name, so I referred to him as Ghost, which to my colleagues was pretty unique.

Ahri: Ghost... like... what does he do?

Y/N: Everything, if I'm being honest, he's the brain and I'm the brawn.

Ghost: Except now it's gotten to a point where we both outsmart each other, as his knowledge is almost just as advanced as mine.

Ahri: Cool... I guess...

She's not interested, I need to know more about her if I want to get anywhere.

Why am I even... doing... this? I'm just trying to avoid the grief it seems.

Y/N: So, I don't believe I asked your name?

Ahri: I'm Ahri, h-how... I mean! Uhh... uhm... I am the lead singer of K/DA!

Y/N: I'm Y/N, a lightbearer, protector of the Last City, uhh... slayer of Oryx, Aksis, Crota, Atheon... one time...

Ahri: Uhm...

Y/N: Sorry, I'm a little self-centered if it wasn't obvious, you kind of had to be where I'm from.

Ahri: Oh, where you from?

Y/N: Not around here, I'm from another dimension.

Ahri: Oh, that's sick! What dimension?

Y/N: You don't consider that... odd?

Ahri: Of course not! Kai'Sa... or, sorry, you know the K/DA?

Y/N: Nope.

Ahri mutters: Oh, that's perfect...

Ahri: Um! Uhh! Kai'Sa is the lead choreographer for our pop group, she's from another dimension, sort of... she got sucked into the void and met Bel'Veth, then got spat back out.

Y/N: Oh, Bel! I met her! She was the first one to sort of... welcome me here. Before I got flung into a field and met Ryze.

Ahri: You met... Bel'Veth?

Y/N: I did! She's really nice, actually, surprisingly for someone that killed about 30 of their minions.

Ahri: So, you're a... soldier?

Y/N: Sort of...

Ahri: Oh... w-well... p-please don't hurt me...

Y/N: Not a psychopath either! Do I look like I fillet people?

Ahri: You want the honest answer?

I look at myself.

I'm wearing metal armor under a trench coat, my jacket still full of grenades, and a hand cannon on my belt too.

I also have a helmet that I put on for combat, which... I'm not in and I haven't been for a little while now.

Ahri giggles when I take a moment to realize it.

Y/N: Heh... yeah... maybe, anyway, I only wear this because in the dimension I'm from, I would fight aliens and people who threaten our Last City by the dozen.

Ahri: So, I'll ask you again, where are you from?

Y/N: Planetary System, specifically... The Last City, which is on Earth. We're at a point in history where the darkness invaded and currently, we're bouncing back from that, taking out the darkness with our light.

Ahri: The metaphors you use it's... interesting. It makes sense you call yourself a lightbearer.

Y/N: Lightbearers are unique as they harness the power gifted to them by the Traveler, a big globe that's existed since the dawn of time, that has come to visit us. It believes we're strong enough to push back the darkness and prevent society from becoming extinct.