19. fuck the patriarchy

Start from the beginning

"I do." Fulton, Julie and Charlie said, munching on their food. Adam and Guy had Social Economics first. Connie, Russ and Goldberg had Criminology. Averman, Kenny and Dwayne had Chemistry whilst Jules had math with Ms. Spellman. With a sigh, the team set off to their separate classes. She looked around the class as she walked in, wondering who it was that was teaching. Ms. Spellman looked like a sweet woman, she had long blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes, Jules felt good about this class.

She took a seat towards the back, setting her bag on the floor and pulling out her notebook when some Varsity players walked in, "It's good to see you Mister Riley." Jules lifted her head when someone who looked like Rick Riley walked in, he was a tall brunette guy with defined features and was wearing a red letterman jacket, she wondered if she'd get one because she's in Varsity now.

There was a chill in the air, so Jules decides to put the hoodie in her bag on. It was Adams, of course, but she didn't realise she picked out his old USA team hoodie and felt a little stupid with it on, maybe even like she was showing off but no one took any notice to that fact. As she pulled the thing over her face, the girl was shocked to see the guy staring at her staring back at her, "Have you got a pen?" He asked, pursing his lips. Juliet licked her lips before reaching into her bag and pulled out one of the spare pens she had, "Thanks. You look like an American flag."

"Yeah, I know." She mumbles, sitting back in her chair, "You must be Rick Riley's brother, sí?" The boy turned back around, not expecting the conversation to carry on.

"How'd you know?" He asks, raising a brow.

Jules looked him up and down, "You all have the same smell." The boy was intrigued, "The pretentious douchebag smell." The Riley brother made an offended expression, placing a hand over his chest, she just raises a brow.

"Ouch, girl, that hurt." He chuckled, obviously playing about, "Leo Riley, and... wait, I know." Leo tilted his head to the side in thought, one eye sitting as her name comes to his name as if he was some form of mind reader. Jules folds her arms over her chest, leg bouncing up and down, waiting for his answer, "I want to say Vanessa." She rolls her eyes, she'd heard the boys say that Vanessa is easily the hottest name out there, "No?"

"Was that an attempt to flirt?" Juliet questions, crossing one leg over the other as she shuffles in her seat. Leo shrugs, "I'm gonna take that as a yes." Leo pressed his lips into a thin line, she wasn't quite sure what was going on, "Okay, I'm gonna set it out flat. I have no intention of telling you my name, but if you do something worthwhile, maybe I'll tell you." She was surprised he didn't know her name, not because she was sort of famous or whatever, but because the Ducks were hated a whole lot throughout the Varsity hockey team, it was very clear they were hated by Cole bullying them relentlessly and they'd only been in the school for two days.

Leo took the challenge, "What do you want me to do, mystery girl?" Jules smirks to herself, wondering what she could do with this boy wrapped around her little finger, "But I draw the line at running down the hall naked."

"Damn, I was gonna ask you do that." She jokes, hitting her hand on the table with a click of her tongue against the roof of her mouth.

"Oh, I see... you just wanna know what I look like beneath these clothes." The boy smirks, wiggling his brows. Jules shakes her head, sitting back in her chair again, "Don't play with me, mystery girl, I know you want a piece of this." Barney raises her brows, looking him up and down, just to mess about with his little boy brain, "See, you want a piece of the Leo-Pie."

"Um..." She was instantly repulsed by that little comment, "Not very much, thanks."

Leo bit on his bottom lip, "Sorry, that was a stupid thing to say. Can we start over? I'm Leonard Riley, but everyone knows me as Leo. I'm nineteen and I play lacrosse." He extends a hand for her to shake, Jules looks at his hand and sighs.