01. new season, new dream

chapter one
new season, new dream

"AGAIN, JULES." Coach Taylor ordered, stood on the edge of the rink, arms folded over her chest as Juliet skated to a stop, digging her toe picks into the ice. Her ankle was killing and she desperately needed to tighten the bandage, for more support on her still healing bones, "You've done this a million times, it should be muscle memory."

The fourteen year old tightened her ponytail and skated back to her position, and tightened her ponytail as the Hawks hockey team walked out from their changing rooms. Jules is the only one on the rink when the music plays above head, they all squinted in confusion, carrying their gear. Juliet took no notice of them, as she took the stance before starting her routine. She skated around the ice, doing a few little dance moves before she did her first jump. The flip, it was rather simple but a sharp pain shot up her leg when she landed funny.

Hiding her pain, she continued with a few spins before finishing off with a quad axel, which is the trick she broke her ankle on. Jules grunted as she threw herself into the air. It felt like she was flying when she was in the air, the cold air whipping at her face, though it was instantaneous, a single moment of flight before she landed and she went crashing to the ground. Juliet groaned as she hit the hard ice, feeling the pain in her ankle. "Juliet! Seriously, pull your arms in tighter, point the toes, it's so easy." The girl fought the tears that pricked at her eyes as she got to her feet. "Again, just the quad axel, you're going to land it this session."

"Coach Taylor, your practise time is up." Coach Rielly reminded from the other end of the rink, "It's our time now." Jules turned to see the hockey team and internally grinned, she could finally have a rest, until five am tommorow, "You're welcome to watch, but it's our time for the ice."

Juliet sighed in relief, shaving ice as she stopped at the exit and climbed off the rink. She immediately sat on the bench in the changing room, sighing in relief when the weight was taken off her foot. The fourteen year old hissed as she removed the white boot, dropping it to the floor to reveal her red toes. Tightening the bandage around her ankle, Jules slipped into her normal clothes and limped her way out of the rink. 

The sound of prepubescent boys shouting echoed in her ears as the black and blue jersey's skated around the rink. She liked to watch them sometimes, even though she enjoyed figure skating, she loved the idea of playing hockey. Juliet had grown up watch her dad in his games, wearing little jersey's specially made for her. She never really watched her mom skate because she had to stop competing when she fell pregnant young, but she still made the olympics by seventeen which was insane. The coach whistled as the boys fell quiet, lining up side by side.