13. we're back, baby

chapter thirteen
we're back, baby

"FOR THE EIGHTH TIME, I DON'T KNOW WHERE HE IS." Charlie shouted over the arguing teens, when the ref skated up, telling them without a coach they'll have to forfeit. Somehow, Conway got Ms. Mackay to agree to pretend to be their coach, and they were aloud to play. 

Jules took the first face off, Germany definitely had the physical advantage but USA was much more skilled then they were, it just meant there was much more brutal checks into the boards. They continued to play, with the dynamic-duo back, Adam and Juliet were on fire. They had the crowds on their toes, cheering their names as they scored goal after goal, not once letting Germany's painful attacks get them down. 

They were towards the end of period one, ten-to-ten, ten to USA when the ducks whistle can be heard throughout the stadium. With a face-off, the game was paused and USA looked up to finally see Bombay stood at the top of the bleachers. It took a moment, and Bombay to embarrass himself by blowing that whistle like crazy but they all rounded up for him, to listen to his excuse on why he'd ditched them. 

"Team." He started, "Guys. I was wrong. And I'm sorry. I forgot about the team, and the team is all I have. All I want... is another chance. Just one more shot. I'm back, okay? Believe me." Gordon was no longer in his fancy get-up, with an obnoxious amount of gel and in his old get-up, that gave the Ducks an excited feeling in their chests. 

And with Jesse in the face off, he stole the puck with in seconds, hitting it to Adam who took it down Germany's end, Jules was on his side, she took it from him when he twirled around the German defenders, taking the other side and taking the goal, putting them up another. Germany, however, got another goal making it a tie. Jesse got the rebound, taking it behind the goal and called a Flying V. Jules did not see the point but she shrugged, sat on the side-lines beside Adam and Connie. 

Averman took the shot, and they won.