09. team bonding

chapter nine
team bonding

"MY BONES ARE GOING TO BE BRITTLE BEFORE I'M THIRTY." Jules complained, laid on the bench in the changing rooms with icepacks covering nearly ever inch of her body. She had gotten out of her equipment as quickly as possible, changed into normal clothing and then effectively collapsed onto the bench. 

Her body was on fire, after a long session of team bonding, where they were all tied together with a big rope and she was stuck between Goldberg and Averman, it was not all that fun. They'd all kept falling onto the side she was stood on and then they scrimmaged, and she was on the opposite team to Dean Portman, she was slammed into a wall too many times to count and flipped over more times then she was slammed into a wall. 

Adam walked towards her, drying his wet hair with a towel, "What's wrong with you?" He peeled her jacket away from her face.

"She says, and I quote, 'my bones are going to brittle before I'm thirty'." Connie told him, brushing her hair. Jules wanted to pull the jacket back over her sore eyes, a splitting migraine pounding inside her skull but she didn't have the energy. 

"Come on, it wasn't that bad." Adam told her, perching on the very end of the bench to do up his trainers, "It was actually kind of fun once we got the hang of being a team."

"Easy for you too say." Barnes groaned, letting out a tearless cry, "You were on Portman's team, It was the Cardinals came all over again. Smashed into the walls, flipped over, shoved over, punch, smashed, attacked. He was basically punching me with his foot." 

Banks frowned in confusion, "That didn't--"

"Give me a break!" She cried, too tired to argue with him about her wrong wording. 

Connie leaned over her bestfriend, "You coming to lunch or are you withering away here?" Jules let her eyes fall shut, indicating she picks the second option. The younger brunette sighed, taking her duffel bag and leaving for lunch.

"Come on, Tibbles has something exciting to show us." Adam nudged her leg, "You can't stay here forever."

"I'd like to debate that, but I can't be assed right now, Banksy." She sighed, lifting her sore arm to apple pressure to her right eye, trying to remove the cluster-headache behind her sore eyes. 

Banks sighed, "Come on, Barney." He took her hand, pulling her up, letting the ice packs slide off her body and onto the floor, "Want a piggy-back ride?" 

"Since you offered." She chuckled, he crouched for her to jump onto his back, looping her arms around his neck and legs around his middle, he lifted her up into a comfortable position for them both, her head on his left side and they walked to the cafeteria where everyone was sat with their lunch trays. "Thank you very much, my knight in shining armour."