Greed Chapter 11: Head on

Start from the beginning

("*Sigh* I know you have good intentions, but you are stubbornly seeing things in just one way. Let's start with the version that joined the Witch Cult. If what you told me is correct, then yeah, he is insane but he is also someone who was left all on his own. You and I had Rem, Emilia, Ram, and Beako. He had to rely on his own strength, his own person. Let's not even mention the amount of deaths he must've endured. As for the Purge King...with him, I don't know what to say really. As you stated, he imprisoned Emilia and Ram. He threatened someone you know with Frederica. Then he killed Beako and caused mass genocide. Those are some shitty things to do, almost if not rivaling what our Pride counterpart has done. If we are going by what he has done alone, then yes, he is also a horrible person but think deeper than that. He didn't have the obligation to save Rem...as much as that pains me, it is the truth. We chose to waste that life to save someone we wanted to save. We aren't obligated to do anything, which is why I ran away...because I wasn't needed.")

("I doubt you were sent to each of these worlds just to fix them from our mistakes. I mean, why are you here? To arrest me for running away? Don't get me wrong, I get what you were doing with Pride and Purge, those two did need to be stopped but did you even try to talk to them, try to redeem them? They are Natsuki Subaru as well.")

("I know you are angry but that doesn't answer my question, young Natsuki Subaru. Did you try to negotiate with them? Use the memories you acquired to help bring them back from the darkness?")

He was annoyed when he heard his older self's voice speaking in his mind, reminding him that he should try another method. That is what his older counterpart had encouraged him to do, trying to see if perhaps through the memories of this counterpart he could reach him. He would rather vilify his counterpart once again but then that wouldn't make him any better.

'...damn it all.'

He would need to change his approach...though now that he's rethinking the plan, he thought about the others.

The Emilia and Beatrice of this world are broken, with Beatrice basically just waiting to die while Emilia is...well the definition of a yandere.

Garfiel and Ram are both angry towards him specifically, with Ram saying his name properly which was already weird at first until he thought deeply into the way she spoke.

It was like she viewed him as nothing more than a stranger, one that shouldn't be cared for.

This was something he can't blame her since he knows the shitty things his counterpart has done.

As for Garfiel, he has seen the memory of how he had cornered the demi human boy into being forced to let his counterpart handle the Great Rabbit situation.

This as well as not allowing him to face the first trial, meaning he still has his issues. Lastly, Reinhard, the Sword Saint himself.

He knows exactly what is going on with him and although he can get his attention, it still leads his counterpart to reset the loop.

'I have to save them all.'

Emilia, Otto, and Beatrice tilted their heads as they noticed that Subaru didn't elaborate his distrust towards the Natsuki Subaru of this world.

They also noticed that he suddenly went into deep thought.

"Are you okay?" Beatrice asked, approaching her contractor. Subaru snapped back into reality, having just realized that he didn't explain anything and just left them hanging.

He just looked embarrassed for a moment as he set his hand on the back of his head.

"Sorry, I guess something else has crossed my mind."