Trick Or Treat

"Here they come

"Here they come. Get ready," Max whispered to Mason as a group of people dressed as Ghostbusters strolled down the front lawn of a house, making dry leaves crunch under their feet as they headed toward the street. Max and Mason crouched behind a tree's bare bark, waiting for the perfect moment to jump out.

"Whoa. 'Just nougat'? Just nougat? It is top three for me."

"Top three?"

"Top three!"

"Oh, give me a break."

"Now!" The tan girl's words were barely audible, but they were enough to catch the attention of Mason. Without hesitation, Mason crouched down and began to sneak up behind the group, his movements silent and calculated. Meanwhile, Max sprang forward from her hiding place to startle the group.

The redhead angrily waved a plastic knife in the air, causing the group to scream and squeal. Suddenly, Mason jumped out from behind and scared them even more, causing them to flinch back and scream louder.

Max laughed as she removed her mask, revealing her vibrant orange hair. "Holy shit! You guys should have seen your faces" she exclaimed. The Hill boy chuckled behind his mask before removing it to reveal his tan face and short, dark curls that framed it.

"And you? Who screams like that? You sound like a little girl. I get why she screamed like that, but you?" She derided as the Mayfield girl's ocean eyes widened a few fractions. The dark-skinned boy who grabbed the girl with her tousled corkscrew hair retracted his grip and pretended to cough.

His jade eyes remained fixed on the slightly shorter boy whose back faced him and swayed his head away from the redhead. "Almost as bad as Mr. Cool guy over here pretending like we didn't get him" Mason chimed in derisively, a small amused huff exiting his nose.

The boy with black hair turned his head sharply, revealing deep brown eyes that looked irritated as they met his gaze. The edgy boy quickly glanced at him, watching as the boy with brown eyes scoffed and then looked away before looking back at him.

"Who the hell is this douchebag?" The beautiful soft porcelain-skinned boy's voice became callous as the crease between his eyebrows etched deeply, anger from the slightly taller and besotted boy's rankle emanated out of him. The middle child sent an unrelenting glower to Mason, whose blank eyes met his glare.

"I'm no one but a teenage dirtbag, baby," Mason responded with a playful smirk to the mysterious boy's insulting words. Mike's expression tightened and he appeared taken aback. His cheeks turned a soft shade of pink before he quickly looked away.

"I have to admit, you guys got us," said a girl with brown skin. She wore a small cordial smile, and her pink glossed lips curved slightly. Her coiled hair bounced on her shoulders as she nodded her head gently.

Max walked away with a satisfied expression, with Mason trailing behind. Upon realizing that no one else was following them, they both glanced back at the groups on the path.