New Kid

The morning sun illuminated the space between the curtains, completely illuminating Mason's sleeping state

The morning sun illuminated the space between the curtains, completely illuminating Mason's sleeping state. Mason's leg hung off the bed, and snores left his body as drool dripped down his mouth. "Hey, get your ass up, we're gonna be late and if mom finds out, she's going to be pissed" Axl's voice resounded as he repeatedly poked the boy's side, but it proved futile.

As the older boy clutched the thrown pillow that pressed against his foot, he repeatedly battered the sleeping boy with the stiff cushion. "I. Said. Get. The. Hell. Up" The short-tempered boy mildly emphasized as he continually struck the stagnant boy who merely disregarded him. 

"Mason, guess what? You won't believe it! Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin are in the garage right now, and they're giving away their autographs!" Axl exclaimed in an artificially enthusiastic and derisive tone, grabbing the boy's attention and forcing him to get up from bed.

"What really! Wait a damn minute, Black Sabbath tour ended in January and Led hasn't toured since the 70s! Ugh, you dick!  How could I fall for your bullshit again?" Mason groaned stagnantly as his bullshit meter went off, his voice grew with anger, and he harshly struck the older boy's upper arm. The older teen winced in pain with a flagrant expression on his face.

"Ow that hurt" Axl snarled as he petulantly shoved his brother's shoulders back, causing him to fall backward. Fury flared in the boy's monolid eyes as he pounced on his brother, tackling him off the edge of the bed where he sat as the two boys tumbled to the floor. 

As the cold tiles chilled their skin, the two Hill boys engaged in a wrestling match. Axl's strength proved too much for Mason, as he effortlessly folded his arms behind his back, causing him to wince in discomfort. "Ow! Ow! Fine, you win, get the hell off of me!"

"Get the hell up and hurry up and get dress ass face, we're gonna be late for school," The older teenager reiterated in a tone that was sharp and irritable, revealing frustration and annoyance as his words dripped with venom. Mason quickly rose from the floor, and the sound of the bedroom door slamming shut echoed through the room.

The rebellious teen was filled with dread as he prepared for his very first day at a new school. His mind was inundated with scenarios, each one causing him to feel increasingly uneasy. "I hate being the new kid"

As Mason peered out the car window, he scrutinized the vibrant crimson leaves of autumn, twirling and dancing in the gentle breeze. Upon their arrival at the modest middle school building, Axl's eyes engrossed on Mason, who exited the passenger seat with utmost haste. He swiftly retrieved his backpack and skateboard before forcefully shutting the car door.

The smokey-eyed boy's head whipped around as he looked behind him before swiftly inclining his head toward Mason. He licked his lips as he saluted two fingers to his little brother mockingly at the already vexed boy who glared sideways at him before swiftly walking off.