Chapter 31

Hours had passed since breakfast and the couple had done nothing that day. They stayed in Billy's house and caught up from the past year. 

"Hey, Babe?" Dahlia turned her head towards her boyfriend in a reply. "What do you want to do when we get out of high school?" He turned onto his side, holding his head up with his arm.

"Well… I've always wanted to teach English, so I guess I'll go to college for that. I'll probably find a job out of California somewhere and then settle down and have a kid or two. I don't want to live luxuriously, but comfortably." Billy stared at the girl in front of him with a skip in his heart. 

"I love you." Was all he replied with. The girl turned her head to him and giggled quietly. 

"I love you too. What would you like to do with your future, Billy?" The brunette thought for a moment about this. Back when he was with Sid the only thing he focused on was getting her out of his life, but now he had to actually figure out what the hell to do.

"That's… A good question. Maybe a mechanic or something. I haven't entirely thought that far ahead.." Billy sighed in disappointment in his realization. He hadn't even come up with a life plan and he expects to support the girl he loves and possibly a family? It seems like such a far off dream to him.

"I know you can do whatever you put your mind to. You're not a quitter." She pecked his cheek. He looked at his girlfriend with such love and admiration.