Chapter 7

Dahlia’s Side
    She was shaking in her own skin. Dahlia locked all the doors and windows. She wiped her tears away and ran back up into her room, locking that door as well. She peeked out the window to see Billy walking home with a bag in his hand. She smiled and closed the drapes before laying down on her bed and trying to sleep. The alarm clock clicked, and clicked, and clicked. She managed to fall asleep to that noise.

    Her alarm clock rang as well as her little cord phone. She slammed the alarm clock and got up sluggishly to pick up the phone. 
    “Hello?”
    “Hey Dahlia, you told me to call you at 7 to see if you were alright. Did you sleep fine? Did he call you again?”
    “No he didn’t and I slept fine. Thank you Billy. Do you want a ride to school today?”
    “That’d be great. I’ll see you soon okay Dahlia. I’m glad you’re safe.”
    “Me too. I’ll see you soon.” She hung up and her face began to hurt from how hard she was smiling. His voice was so sweet and clam, like he was talking to a scared rabbit. 

    She got dressed in a hoodie and a pair of jeans, throwing her hair up into a bun before walking down the stairs, letting the dogs out, grabbing toast, and putting her dogs away. She must look like a zombie doing the exact same thing every morning. 
    Dahlia put on her shoes before going to Stu’s house, then Billy’s. Both boys looked tired, purple eye bags under both of their eyes.
    “Jesus you two, did you get any sleep last night?” She asked, Billy adjusting himself.
    “Not really, I couldn’t sleep last night, I was too shaken by the call you told me about. I was worried sick about you.” 
    “Yeah, then this bozo had to come and warn me about it. What business did he have crawling through my window at 2 in the morning.” Stu yawned out.
    “Oh that makes sense, hence the fact I’m wearing some baggy ass clothes.” They all share a laugh as Dahlia starts up the car and goes off to school. “Billy I’ve been meaning to ask you, why do you always wear white? I don’t think I’ve seen you in anything else but a white shirt or sweater of some kind.
    “ I’ve never really noticed. It’s just what my dad buys me I guess. You really notice some little things about me.” Stu’s head popped up in between the both of them.
    “Alright love birds, don’t make me feel sick even when I do have a girlfriend.” They all burst out into laughter. 

    The three of them pull into the parking lot and hop out of the car. They walk over to the courtyard and plop down, sitting for a while. She always shows up to school super early so she can hang around. It’s actually somewhat relaxing.
    “Hey Stu, can you grab my jacket out of my car? I left it there, it’s in the trunk.” She tosses him the keys and he joggs off to grab her coat.
    “Cold?’ Billy inquiries. 
    “A little, nothing huge though.” Dahlia finished speaking when he draped his soft blue jacket over her shoulders. She wrapped herself up in it and smiled. “Thanks. Now what is Stu gonna do with my jacket?” The two of them just giggled and Stu ran back over to us.
“Really? Ugh, I’ll go run this back then.” He slumped over to her car with his head down.
“I got it man.” Billy stood up and grabbed the jacket and keys from Stu. She just giggled at the two boys.
“So, how is it going with Billy?” Stu asks her, clearly hinting at something. He had a shit-eating grin on his face.
“What do you mean?”
“You know, you two have been non stop flirting since you met,and damn he even stopped by your house after that creep called you. I haven’t seen him this happy over a girl in years.” Just as that sentence ended Tatum and Sidney walked up. You could cut the tension with a knife when she saw Billy’s jacket over Dahlia.
~~~~~~~~
Ooooo some spice between us and the ex lmao. Anyway I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!  -🦋