"How's your arm doing?" The blonde boy watched as Arthur bit his lip slightly and took a deep breath, looking up to the roof of the hut.

"It's the same as always, gets a bit worse in more stressful situations. We haven't figured that out yet." He shrugged as if the injury wasn't fucking him over right now. But he wouldn't take it back, not if it meant Newt would die.

"That wasn't hard was it?" Newt watched Arthur get comfortable on the chair where he would now spend the night.

"See, you're idea of injury and mine are different. You got all iffy because I scratched my face a week ago." Arthur pulled one leg onto the chair and tilted his head to rest on his knee, moving his eyes away from Newt in order to close his eyes for a minute. 

"I don't like any of my friends getting hurt, Artie." He took the single minute Arthur had his eyes closed to try to figure out what Arthur was feeling. Something he had taught himself whilst having a broken leg.

"Artie, what's wrong?" Newt knew that look. Four months with the brunette had taught him how to figure out when Arthur wasn't saying something.

"Wrong? Oh! Alby wanted me to give you something!" Arthur looked behind him and grabbed two wooden crutches. "Well, I say Alby but I made them because I'm great." He held up the crutches for a second before behind to put them down.

"Are those-" He looked at the wooden crutches, each groove that had been hand carved by Arthur with a small smile. Newt looked back up at the boy who rocked on his heels waiting to see what he would say. "Thank you, Artie, I appreciate it, but you know I can walk right?"

Arthur nodded and sat on the chair a short yawn escaping him as he pulled his knees to his chest, curling up on the chair as he continued. "Yeah? You can walk? Do it then." He looked at Newt his face screwed up from suppressing another yawn before smoothing out again.

"I'll dunno. I'm pretty tired from all this work." Newt grinned slightly watching as Arthur's face contorted into a laugh, letting out huffs of air through his nose.

"Obviously. I see you've been working your ass off." He smiled before resting his head on his knees. "Alby has been wanting to talk to you by the way."

Newt blinked and furrowed his eyebrows at Arthur who was now picking at the dirt under his nails and waited for him to say what Alby wanted. A long silence filled the room before Arthur looked up, confused by the silence. Looking at Newt he made an 'o' face before starting up again. "Oh! Yeah, I do what know it's for but I'm not going to tell you."

"No, you're right Arthur, I'll tell him." Behind Arthur was Alby who placed his hands on the chair. Both Newt and Arthur jumped, having not noticed him even come in.

"Now?" Arthur turned around and looked at Alby who nodded.

"Go sleep somewhere that won't mess up you're back. Can't have you having problems with that." The brunette rolled his eyes before waving goodbye to Newt and walking out, stretching on the way.

"George!" Arthur's voice faded as he grew more distant as his footsteps grew quiet

The Medhut was silent after Arthur had left, the two turning their focus on each other before Alby began talking.

"I want to make you second-in-command." Short and sweet. The typical Alby style that left many fumbling however Newt always took it in his stride. It's why the two got along.