Tricked and Treated

Start from the beginning

"Welp, let's hear them mugsy." Chalice said.

"Ok, if there is ever a bowl of sweets that says take one, take the entire bowl. If someone holds out a bowl for you to take some, grab as many handfuls as possible. And finally, if you see any opportunity for more candy, take it!"

"Nice work mugsy," Cuphead congratulated ,"we shall be the greatest trick-or-treaters in the land."

The cup trio started their rout. They soon reached the first house and knocked on the door.

Without warning, the owner of the house swung open the door and yelled "BOO!!" while wearing a skeleton mask. Not one of the cups flinched.

"Trick or treat!" they all yelled, smiling brightly.

The owner of the house smiled.

"Sorry about that," they apologise, "i can't help myself."

They then plopped some candy into each cup's designated candy sack and closed the door.

"Hey mugsy," Cuphead said ,"how come you didn't get all scared back there?"

"Well, I have been practising," Mugman answered.

"Uh hu," Cuphead replied, "and how exactly have you been practicing?"

"Well...

__________________________

Mugman grabbed a loaf of bread out the cupboard. He cut a slice from it and stuck it in the toaster. He then got a pen, taped it to the back of his head and then leant against the wall, waiting for his toast to be done.

When the tost suddenly popped up, Mugman jumped in fear. The pen taped to the back of his head drew a line up the wall. Mugman then grabbed his toast, measured the line, jotted it in a log book and ate his toast.

______________________________

...I repeat this process every morning," Mugman explained, "you can see my progress."

Mugman pulled his log book out his pocket and gave it to his brother. Cuphead and Chalice flipped through it, skimming through Mugman's stats.

"I knew you had it in ya buddy," Cuphead congratulated, "and good thing too because tonight is about serious candy collection."

The trio continued to walk down the inkwell streets, collecting more and more candy as they went. Mugman's planned route proved to be perfect. He can collect data from previous halloween on when certain locations like to stop giving out candy and factored that into his plan, making sure to get to those locations early.

After an hour or so. The cups reached a slightly suspicious looking house. Just a little suspicious looking with blue glowing windows, cobwebs lining every corner and a lawn covered in crying children.

"If you spent this much on decorations," Chalice reasoned, "you kind of have to be giving out candy."

She walked up to the door and knocked but the door swung open by itself.

"Hmm," she remarked, "I guess they've prepared something inside."

The cups all walked into the house. Weird ghostly noises echoed all around them and floors creaked where none of them had stepped.

"Laaaaaaame!" Cupehad shouted, "just give us the candy already!"

"Cuphead!" Mugman hissed, "if you're rude they wont give you candy."

As they walked along the stupidly long entrance hallway, ghosts kept sticking their heads out of walls, screeching at ungodly decibels and doing all manner of creepy stuff. The cups just ignored all of it.