You Only Live Once

!!!WARNING!!! :This chapter was written by a dweeb who doesn't know what he's talking about. Reader discretion advised.

Mugman got out of bed and yawned. He walked downstairs and lazily approached the calendar. He grabbed a pen from the table and crossed off the box labelled Tuesday. He surveyed the upcoming days to see if there was anything he had to do. He looked at Wednesday, nothing. He looked at Thursday, nothing. And then he looked at Friday which had three large, red exclamation marks in it.

"CUPHEAD!!!" he yelled up the stairs, "ARE THE EXCLAMATION MARKS OF THE CALENDAR FOR YOU!!!"

"Yea," Cuphead mumbled tiredly, slowly walking down the stairs, "it's mine, you don't have to worry about it."

"Good," Mugman said, "now let's go, I've got us tickets to the theatre."

The tiredness was instantaneously banished from Cuphead's being.

"Oh boy!!" he cried and the two dashed out the door.

The camera angle then switches to be looking at the clock that was above the calendar. A timelapse begins of the day passing. The sun moving across the sky, visible through both the windows

Once the clock had reached noon the next day, the timelapse stopped as Cuphead and Mugman ran past squirting each other with water pistols. MUgman caught sight of the calendar and skidded to a halt causing cuphead to bump into him.

"Cuphead," Mugman said ,"are you sure that you're prepared for your thing on friday?"

"Ehh," Cuphead said, "I've got time." and the two ran off squirting each other.

The timelapse then resumes, showing the passage of two days using light levels.

On the morning of Friday Mugman once again walked down the stairs and then sat down at the dining room table.

"Morning boys," Elder Kettle said, standing over the stove, "Pancakes today, a Friday treat."

At the mention of pancakes, cuphead zipped down from up stairs and sat down at the table, already salivating.

Elder kettle served up the pancakes and the brothers dug in.

"Oh by the way Cuphead," Mugman said ,"it's Friday, so time for whatever those exclamation points mean."

Cuphead froze. He slowly turned his head to the calendar to make sure Mugman wasn't lying. He wasn't. His eyes grew and pupils shrunk.

"Uh oh," he said weakly.

***

Chalice got up from her alleyway bed and yawned. She stood up and crossed off the box labelled wednesday. She took a deep breath, smiled and then tap danced out of the alleyway, scatting and humming all the way.

She walked over to the greengrocer's and stole an apple. She then looked up at the store window which had huge writing on it which said : FRIDAY SALE!!! 20%OFF ALL VEG!!!

"Ha," Chalice said ,"what a doofus, it's Wednesday, not Friday. Someone needs to get their calendars fixed."

Chalice tap danced down the highstreet but overheard a radio that made her stop in her tracks.

"What wonderful weather for a friday morning! Right folks!"

"Wait a minute..." Chalice said to herself. She walked over to the newsagents and stole a newspaper and lo and behold, it said friday too.

Chalice's eyes widened and her pupils shrunk.

"Phooey," she said weakly.

***