Just as the instructors had said, Lei Hou's footwork was not bad. He was nimble and agile. He was indeed worthy of being a member of the Vanguard Battalion. However, He Yan still remembered that many days ago, during the battle for the flag on White Moon Mountain, she had fought with Lei Hou. At that time, the situation had been urgent. She had felt a trace of unnaturalness, but she couldn't think too much about it. Afterwards, she had thrown the matter to the back of her mind. Seeing Lei Hou today, it had brought back the memories of that day's fight.

But she still couldn't think of a conclusion.

What was unnatural about it?

Liang Ping urged her fiercely. He Yan got up and went to the weapons rack to get her spear. She thought to herself, Forget it. In any case, we're both in the Liang Province Guard. If it really doesn't work out, I'll find another opportunity to fight with Lei Hou in a few days.

However, before He Yan could fight with Lei Hou, she received news that Xiao Jue was leaving.

The Liang Province Guard received an urgent report that the citizens of Zhangtai City, which was thousands of li away from Liang Province, had been harassed by the Uto. As soon as the Uto arrived, they would steal money and food, and bully men and women. The Zhangtai County Magistrate was miserable beyond words. He could only ask Xiao Jue for help. He asked Xiao Jue to lead the troops to expel these Uto.

The Uto Country had bowed its head to the Da Wei long before the previous Emperor had been on the throne, paying tribute every year. However, ever since the current Emperor ascended the throne, the Uto had been restless. After the Southern Barbarian and Western Qiang rebellions had been quelled, the Uto had also been quiet for a period of time. However, for some reason, they had become more aggressive and dared to directly harass the citizens at the border.

The Emperor was magnanimous and turned a blind eye to the Uto's actions. In addition, there was Prime Minister Xu's faction in the court that supported peace, so the other generals did not dare to take on this hot potato. It was probably because of this that the Zhangtai County Magistrate sought help from Xiao Jue in Liang Province.

"Commander in chief, when are we leaving?" The military instructors were all standing in Xiao Jue's room. He Yan was sitting at the spot where Cheng Lisu usually wrote. The door was not closed, so they did not avoid He Yan from talking about this matter. However, there was nothing to hide. It would take a month to travel to and from Zhangtai. If Xiao Jue was not there, it would be noticed.

"Tomorrow."

"So early?" Liang Ping was surprised. "But the army has not had time to tell the Vanguard …"

"No need," Xiao Jue said. "I don't plan on bringing them."

The instructors looked at each other, but He Yan was not surprised. Even though the new recruits of the Liang Province Guard had been training for more than half a year, they had never been on the battlefield. Rushing to Zhangtai after a long journey and then fighting with the Wutuo people in Zhangtai was not the best plan. It would consume too much energy, and the Uto was cunning and brutal. The new soldiers might not be a match for them. After thinking about it, Xiao Jue's Nan Fu soldiers were the most suitable.

If Xiao Jue brought the new soldiers to Liang Province, the Nan Fu soldiers should be stationed somewhere else. With the military power in his hands, it was perfectly justifiable for him to lead the soldiers there. If he received good news, the Emperor would be happy and reward him with something. She could also follow him and become an immortal.