Chapter Twenty Eight

Start from the beginning

I looked at Divya when I hung up, who was already looking at me expectingly. "I might need your help."

Divya raised a brow, "What did you do now?"

"I didn't do anything! Morgan told Elizabeth about me being in the hospital so she's coming over to see me." I explained to her.

"Okay, I don't see the problem? It's cute that she's coming all the way here for you."

"She has her own plane— scratch that, probably several planes since she owns a airline. A flight anywhere must be like taking an uber."

"Wait she owns a plane? Maybe now I do see the appeal on dating women..." I swatted her arm.

"Divya!"

"What?! I wouldn't mind being a trophy wife." She laughed at my face, but stopped when she saw I was serious. "Okay what? What do you want my help for?"

"If Jessie and her are ever in the same room together you do not leave me alone with them."

They both know about each other, yes. But that doesn't mean I want to be alone in the same room with the last two people I slept with. It would be too uncomfortable for me.

And I know Jessie is going to make it even more so if she sees Elizabeth and realizes who she is. Elizabeth on the other hand will just try to make me suffer as much as she can just for her own fun.

"Why not? That sounds like your dream scenario." Divya chuckled, but the smile quickly faded and left her face. "Oh... don't tell me you caught feelings for Jessie. Kaden she's married!" My roommate whisper-yelled as she glanced at the closed door.

"It's more complicated than that for her!"

"That's what all married people say to their side piece, Kaden— wait is that why you were at the house? Oh my god you were there fucki—" Divya was cut short when the door was opened by none other than the exact person we were discussing.

What is that saying about speak of it and it shall appear?

Jessie released a breath when her eyes landed on me before she closed the door behind her and quickly approached me in the bed.

"Are you okay? I heard what happened." Jessie put her hands on my face inspecting every cut and bruise that were currently tainting it.

"I'm going to give you two... a moment alone." Divya spoke up awkwardly.

"Hi..." Jessie said to her.

"Hey, I'll be outside with your parents." Divya went out of the room like it was on fire—the awkwardness being too much for her.

Jessie's eyes went back to me—her hands still cupping me face with her finger grazing the band aid covering the small cuts that were scattered mainly on the right side of my face. Her brown eyes glistening, but not enough for tears to come out—at least not yet. She pecked my lips several times, the kisses felt like she needed to feel that it was real —that I was real.

"Do you like them? I think they make me look cooler and badass people will never know it was a car crash I can just say I got into a fight — that I won of course." I referred to the cuts — that got a smile out of her—her white teeth showing. "I'm okay, Jess."

"God when Tom said you were in a car accident yesterday I almost had a heart attack. I just imagined the worse." She leaned her forehead against the mostly unscathed side of my face.

"I'm fine, everything is okay. I'm right here with you, nothing too serious happened beautiful." I reassured her once again and unlike the other times I didn't mind reassuring her. I intertwined our fingers.

"Don't you dare ever scare me like that again, you can't die... you can't leave me." Jessie said the last part ever so vulnerably that it made my heart and features soften.

"I'm right here." I kissed her hand.

"I should have waited for you to go as well."

"Hey no, no, no. Don't blame yourself—this not on you in any capacity. Shit happens and we move on, okay? This was an accident that's all. Okay?" I tilted my head questioning her.

Jessie looked down and nodded, "Okay."

"Good." I leaned and kissed her briefly—my bottom lip was split so it stung a bit whenever we kissed. "How did you know in which hospital I was?"

"I... might have called your dad to ask him for it. Also I saw him standing outside of your room when I arrived. It's that woman with him your mom?" Jessie pointed with her thumb to the door.

"You've never seen my mom before?" I asked confused.

"Not really, as far as I knew back then she wasn't part of your life."

"That makes sense, I guess. She wasn't a part of my life she came back nearing the end of senior year, she's been in my life ever since. Why? Did she say something to you?"

"Not really your dad greeted me, he's very nice and your mom greeted me as well, but she kept giving me this... look." Jessie furrowed her brows.

"Look?"

"I don't know, like she knew something I didn't. You haven't told your parents about us, have you?" She asked the last thing with a panicked look.

"Of course not." I don't believe they would not take well that I'm technically wrecking a marriage.

"Then she probably doesn't like me."

"Don't be dramatic, she acts cold to everyone she doesn't know. Morgan used to think she didn't like her as well, so did Jason. You'll be okay." Jessie was now sat besides me on my hospital bed while I laid on it.

She hummed, "When do you get discharged?"

"I had a concussion, so they want to keep me in observation until tomorrow. My arm will heal in twelve weeks though, that's three months of having to train and use my left hand for our workouts." I grinned when I saw the faint blush of her cheeks followed by a roll of eyes.

"It's that the first thing in your mind when it comes to your broken arm?"

"It may be on the top of the list." I smiled at her.

A knock on the door caught our attention and Divya's head was on sight—her face portraying a mischievous grin that I was currently dreading to see on her.

"You got another visitor!"

Maybe the other car should have killed me.

This is going to be awkward.