Chapter 1

The young lady in the white sundress burrowed her feet in the sand as she sensed the coarse, sharp soil shifting its temperature when she tunneled deeper within. With every movement she adjusts, the water comes with a jolt of coldness. While her raven hair flies in the air, the strands of her hair wisp in front of her vision. When the sun hits her hair, shades of purple pop out. Using one hand, she firmly grasps her hat; she turns and examines the birds conversing in the air, the water dancing with the sunlight, and the creatures living in the ocean.

Warmth.

That is the delight she adores when he is near. The devotion and loyalty he resonates with every little moment they spend together. ​There is so much doubt and malice circling her life. Sometimes, she cannot breathe the thick air of negativity oozing through the palace walls nowadays; he is her new air to live.

It was pleasant, with a certain glow in the blend.

Accompanying the sun as it kisses the skin when evening arrives for the moon to climb, it never appeared as alluring for just that brief time. The current was peaceful, and the white sand felt tender as they walked along the shore. The sweet breeze of the sky dissolved the weight they'd been carrying. It was the most fitting day where there were no expectations for worse to come that was peaking nor the drops of showers in the sky. It is just here, and now that was important to them.

For him, she is a shard in his life that he can not imagine living without. Living within the darkness is all he knows; the people in his life have cursed him for even existing. When he thought that life was just a shroud of coldness, she came along. The complexity of being she is, to have the amount of optimism and hope with what is happening intrigues him.

The smile only she can revel in gives her a sense of specialty.

While he sees her true self, having the space to breathe out of the suffocation of who they are, it is all he can ask for the lady he treasures.

This place was discovered amongst themselves that had yet to be found by the mainland. Between them, this little island of light vegetation and others was perfect for eliminating the world's worries and being the beating heart of who they were. They are genuinely two individuals who desire to relish one another's company, nothing more for now.

The moon and stars appeared in the sky while they gained warmth around the campfire. The air formed to have a cool breeze. There was a brief silence among them as he was maintaining the fire. He instinctively placed his cloak on top of her shoulders. She was beside him, grasping the blanket around her while gazing as the wood popped and cracked. They can only hear the branches from the palm and trees dancing in the wind, nothing more.

"Do you think we will ever have a chance?" She clenches her shoulders, gritting her teeth. Her posture becomes stiffer as she ponders the storm of thoughts that is storming in her mind. Her gaze did not move away from the fire.

"In what way?" He continued to move the logs. He suspects the topic that has been troubling her for the past few days. She has become too obsessed with finding out a solution.

"With the strange attacks on our kingdom, the disappearances of our citizens, and this... new party that has been gaining recognition to the wrong masses! Do you think this "simple skirmish," as my father described, will lead to something more? I can't help but disagree with my father that something is wrong. I do not even want to dare to think of this escalation. We have been living in peace for centuries. However, with these recent activities, "She burrows her face within the cloak; fear and anxiousness dwell within her eyes.