Chapter Fifty-Five

(A/N: So... Very sensually described kisses. Leading into the long-awaited [by a few of you], next chapter. Enjoy! Thanks for reading!)

(Kit's Pov)

"Your Mother is very kind." Kit said, once they had left for their quarters. Thor wandered off in search of his friends, while Loki walked with the Kitten to where she would be staying. One of the maids led the pair, most obviously eavesdropping on the realm's new favorite couple. "I see where you get your mischief."

"I can't possibly know what you're talking about." Loki chuckled, comfortable with his love at his arm and after such a pleasant afternoon. Sure, Frigga could be meddling. But her intentions were pure. He snuck a brief kiss when the maid's back was turned, and Kit couldn't help but purr. Asgard was amazing.

But for all that she loved this place, it piqued her curiosity all the more. She wanted to know what Frigga had whispered to Loki, deciding against asking at the last minute. It was obviously not meant to be heard by anyone but her son, and Kit could respect that. If it concerned her, her god would tell her the truth.

The maid stopped in front of a door, "Here you are, my prince." She bowed her head, starting to duck away. A knowing smirk playing her lips.

What was with all the surprises in this castle?

Kit reached to open the door, as Loki glanced about curiously. "You know, I think this is my hallway."

"Aren't all the hallways your hallways?"

Loki chuckled, "Not quite." He still peeked down the way, apparently so enamored with his girlfriend that he had missed the entire walk. "But I think my room should be right beside here, actually. Seems the staff thought we should be close by."

Kit giggled at the news. Living right next to each other?

Again?

She opened the doors, gripping the perfectly polished handles to see where she would be living. If it lived up to the rest of this palace, the Kitten almost thought it might be too much. She would be afraid to touch any fancy heirlooms set out to impress Asgard's guests. The doors swung open, revealing the largest bedroom she ever thought could exist.

Bigger than just a large bedroom.

As if it were two, the wall between now conveniently missing.

Two rooms combined into one sitting room, and one bedroom. Another door to her right led to what she could only assume must be a bathroom, and on the far side a lush balcony could be seen through the windows.

"Oh." She didn't know if this should be considered a bad or a good thing. Nevertheless, she now understood why the maid had tried so hard to hide her scandalous smile. "Well, this is different."

Loki stepped up beside her, glancing around the adjoined rooms. "I suppose there is one distinct change between courting and betrothed, then." As he looked around, Kit noticed how his eyes caught the remnants of what used to be his room. A bookshelf on the far wall, his desk, a small couch and a pillow or two. A mix of Loki's belongings, as well as what the palace thought Kit would like.

"I could..." Kit swallowed her words, fighting to determine what should be done. Personally? She would be fine staying with him. In fact, Kit preferred waking up to see her prince. Having a taste of home would be a nice break from all the constant changes. But it was still his room, wasn't it? Loki never agreed to this. They both had assumed she would be residing elsewhere. "I could ask to stay in a guest room, if you would prefer that."

"No, no." Loki laced his hand in hers before Kit could sneak away. "We've shared a room before and besides, I would honor your presence."

Honor her presence. As he would honor their time together.

Kit looked up to see if Loki's words had been a coincidence, finding a flirtatious glint in his eye. A lace of lust so carefully hidden away now offering a moment that they had talked about, and evidently had found an opportunity for.

"Our plans were interrupted the last time." Kit smiled, stepping forward to peck him on the cheek.

"I can make sure we are undisturbed." He accepted her kiss, before spinning the Kitten around to give her a real one. A deep and breathless touch that drew much more than a purr from within her. She didn't notice his magic as the doors became locked with a dozen spells, for his hands had found her back and ghosted over her skin sending shivers down her spine.

Loki pulled away slowly, as Kit's lips still trailed after his own. Still feeling the electric chill that his movements sparked. She needn't even think of how to respond, "That's good."

Her prince smiled. The perfect, caring, god of mischief who she had fallen for so completely. And who she couldn't wait to see in bed.

Well... isn't that such a lovely thought.

(A/N: Next chapter on Monday... ^OwO^ )