|| 40. Voldemort (UN-EDITED)

Start from the beginning

"Apologies for that, Y/N. Fred got an earful from Wood after his Bludger hit you during the match," Harry explained, Y/N chuckled in response, but her gaze shifted slightly past the boys, as if searching for someone.

"By the way, Hermione's out there," Ron whispered, leaning closer. "She's been worried about you, you know. Are you two still not talking?" he inquired, causing Y/N's cheeks to tint with a blush.

"I wasn't asking about her," Y/N replied, her tone neutral.

"No, but your eyes were," Ron teased with a knowing grin.

✴✴✴✴✴

Y/N lay in her bed, the midday sunlight casting a gentle glow on the room. Despite the drowsiness that washed over her, she knew she had a few hours to wait before she could truly drift into sleep. It was a routine she had grown used to - lying there, staring at the ceiling, lost in her own thoughts.

Sleep had always been a challenge for her. Her mind seemed to come alive at night, a parade of thoughts, memories, and even snippets of music that played in her head. Sometimes funny moments would replay, other times she'd find herself haunted by unpleasant memories. It was a nightly ritual, and she had learned to navigate it.

A sudden rustling noise snapped her attention from her thoughts. She sat up, pushing aside the curtains of her bed, only to find Hermione entering the room with Ron in her arms. Hermione's appearance was disheveled, dust smeared across her face, and Ron looked as if he were still unconscious.

"Hermione, what in the world—" Y/N began, her confusion evident. She got up from the bed, only to have Hermione shoot her a stern look, gesturing for her to sit back down.

"Careful, Y/N. Your shoulder is still healing," Hermione scolded gently, carefully placing Ron on the bed next to Y/N before turning her attention back to the task at hand.

"What happened to you?" Y/N inquired, watching as Hermione settled on the bed beside her. Her usually curly hair seemed even more tangled, giving her a somewhat disheveled appearance.

"It's a bit... complicated. I need to get to the owlery," Hermione replied cryptically, her tone carrying a sense of urgency. She made a move to stand up, but Y/N gently pulled her back down to sit.

"Complicated? Hermione, you're covered in dust. And what happened to Ron?" Y/N's concern was evident in her voice and expression, but Hermione seemed to avoid meeting her gaze.

"Y/N, I really have to go," Hermione said, a note of urgency in her voice.

"Wait a minute. Where's Harry?" Y/N's persistence was clear in her tone.

"Y/N!" Hermione's exclamation was sharp, and she seemed flustered. "I'm sorry, I'm just... in a bit of a rush."

"No, you're not going anywhere until you tell me what's going on," Y/N asserted, holding Hermione's gaze firmly.

"Y/N, you told me not to involve you in my shenanigans anymore, right? I'm just doing as you told, since I'm just nothing but 'trouble' for you," Hermione murmured, her words striking Y/N like a blow.

"Hermione—" Y/N began, her voice full of conflict.

"Just leave me alone," Hermione snapped as she got up from the bed, her footsteps fading as she exited the nurse's room. Y/N was left stunned, her heart heavy with Hermione's words.

"Ugh—what happened?" Ron's voice broke through Y/N's thoughts. She turned her attention to him as he rubbed his eyes, clearly disoriented.

"Ron!" Y/N exclaimed, relief flooding through her that he was awake and seemingly okay.