|| 37. The Sorcerer's Stone (UN-EDITED)

The group ventured deeper into the Dark Forest, Hagrid bending down to scoop up a strange liquid that resembled melted metal, leaving Y/N perplexed

The group ventured deeper into the Dark Forest, Hagrid bending down to scoop up a strange liquid that resembled melted metal, leaving Y/N perplexed. He rubbed his fingers against the substance, and Y/N's brow furrowed further at the peculiar sight.

"What's that?" Harry asked, his voice tinged with curiosity.

"It's why we're here," Hagrid replied matter-of-factly. "This, my friends, is unicorn blood," he declared, motioning towards the liquid. "Found a poor unicorn dead a few weeks back." His words sent a shiver down the children's spines.

"This one's been hurt real bad by somethin'," Hagrid continued, his tone gruff. Harry shared a glance with Y/N, but she averted her gaze, her attention focused on the forest. She thought she caught a glimpse of the same cloaked figure she saw during the New Year's party, but she dismissed it as a trick of her mind.

"Our task is to locate the injured creature," Hagrid announced. "Ron, come with me. Hermione and Crimson, you're together. And Harry, you'll be paired with Malfoy," Hagrid assigned, Harry looking displeased but acquiescing.

"Fine, but I'm taking Fang," Draco declared, Hagrid rolling his eyes.

"Alright then, but just so you're aware, he's a bit of a coward," Hagrid retorted, Draco sneering as the large dog let out a howl.

✴✴✴✴✴

Hermione and Y/N continued to walk through the forest, the lamp held in Y/N's hand casting flickering shadows on the trees. The tension between them was palpable.

"You're a real piece of work, you know that?" Hermione finally burst out, her voice laced with anger.

"What's your problem?" Y/N shot back, irritation evident in her tone.

"My problem is that I actually considered you a friend!" Hermione snapped, her frustration boiling over. Y/N's exhaustion seemed to have muted her usual quick-witted retorts, but she wasn't about to back down.

"I don't give a damn, Granger," Y/N muttered, her voice tinged with fatigue.

"You act like none of this matters, like friendships mean nothing to you," Hermione continued, her voice filled with disappointment. "Did Draco put you up to this? Did he tell you to betray us?" she accused, her eyes narrowing at Y/N.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Y/N retorted, her glare matching Hermione's intensity.

"He sent you to spy on us, didn't he? And now, here we are, in detention and losing points!" Hermione exclaimed, her frustration and hurt evident in her words.

"Oh, come off it, Granger," Y/N retorted as she and Hermione walked through the forest, her hold on the the lamp growing tighter.

"What's your problem?" Hermione spat.

"Give me a break," Y/N muttered under her breath.

"I did think we were friends, Y/N. But you just proved me wrong. Did Draco put you up to this? Is that it?" Hermione's voice held a mixture of hurt and anger.