|| 22. Make Up (UN-EDITED)

Hagrid's booming dismissal cut through the air, a swift rejection of the notion that Snape would place a curse on Harry's broom

Hagrid's booming dismissal cut through the air, a swift rejection of the notion that Snape would place a curse on Harry's broom. "Nonsense! Why on earth would Snape put a curse on Harry's broom?" Hagrid scoffed, his voice a blend of incredulity and loyalty.

The quartet of first-years walked in tandem, flanked by Hagrid's towering presence. Harry's retort was quick and determined, his steps matching the rhythm of his argument. "Who knows? But you tell me, Hagrid, why was Snape attempting to sneak past that enormous three-headed dog on Halloween?" His words held a challenge, an insistence that the puzzle pieces of Snape's behavior needed to fit together.

The skeptical gaze that Hagrid turned upon them was a mixture of curiosity and suspicion. "Who in the world told you about Fluffy?" he inquired, his tone shifting towards a guarded curiosity.

"Fluffy," Y/N echoed with a touch of amusement, her voice carrying a hint of intrigue.

Hermione's question carried a blend of surprise and incredulity. "That creature has a name?"

Hagrid's response was passionate, his pride evident in his voice. "Of course he's got a name! Fluffy's his name, he is." A hint of sentimentality tinged his words. "He's my loyal beast," he continued, his voice cracking just a bit. "Bought him from an Irish fellow I crossed paths with down at the pub last year." Hagrid's voice carried a trace of nostalgia, a rare vulnerability that peeked through the surface.

Then, as if struck by a realization, Hagrid's voice trailed off, and his eyes grew misty. "I lent him to Dumbledore to, uh, guard something." The words hung in the air like a secret unveiled, a hint of hesitation revealing a story that was only partially told.

Curiosity sparked within Harry, and he leaned into the conversation. "Guard what, Hagrid?" he inquired, his words a gentle push for more information.

The sudden weight of the revelation seemed to dawn on Hagrid, and he grumbled under his breath. "Shouldn't have said that, I should not have..." He appeared to be wrestling with the words, the truth laid bare before the eager inquisitiveness of the first-years. He shook his head, attempting to close the door on the subject. 

"No more questions!" he declared with a mixture of irritation and finality. "Don't go proddin' any further. It's top-secret, that's what it is." The urgency in his voice underscored the importance of keeping whatever Fluffy guarded under wraps.

Harry, however, wasn't about to let the matter rest. "But, Hagrid, listen. Snape seems to be after whatever Fluffy's guarding," he persisted, his determination unwavering.

Hagrid's rebuttal was a defense of Snape's character. "Codswallop! Professor Snape is a member of Hogwarts' faculty," he retorted firmly.

Hermione, always one to approach matters with a logical perspective, interjected with her own insight. "Hogwarts teacher or not, I know a spell when I see one. And let me tell you, I've read extensively about them!" Her voice carried the weight of knowledge, a confidence that bolstered her stance.