|| 39. Quidditch (UN-EDITED)

Start from the beginning

Draco rolled his eyes, but Y/N could tell her words had made a slight impact. As much as they often clashed, there were moments when she felt like she was actually getting through to him.

✴✴✴✴✴

As the final Quidditch match of the year approached, Y/N found herself mounting her broom, ready to fly out of the tent. It was the Gryffindors against the Ravenclaws, marking the concluding game of the season. The weather had turned warmer as the school year drew to a close, and excitement was in the air.

"Give it your all, Crimson," Davis called out, his words blending with the gusts of wind.

"Of course, I was planning on taking a leisurely flight," Y/N retorted sarcastically, earning a chuckle from Davis.

"Confidence is key. Just what the team needs," Davis replied with a laugh. "Alright, team, get into position!" he commanded.

Y/N positioned herself on the left side of the Quidditch Pitch, facing the Gryffindor team on the opposite side. She stole a glance upward, locking eyes with Harry briefly. The announcer's voice rang out, reminding everyone of the game's rules and setting the stage for an intense match.

Madam Hooch clutched the Quaffle in her hand, and Y/N's grip on her broom tightened in anticipation. "The Quaffle is released, and the game begins!" Lee Jordan's voice echoed across the field, signaling the start of the match.

 Y/N surged forward, heading straight for the Quaffle. Her arm shot out, and her fingers closed around the Quaffle's smooth surface, successfully gaining possession. With a swift motion, she veered away from the Gryffindor Chasers who were hot on her tail.

"Y/N, pass it!" one of her fellow Chasers called out, but Y/N simply accelerated, leaving the boy's request behind in the wind.

She weaved through the air, drawing closer to the goal hoops. However, her concentration was interrupted as a Gryffindor Chaser bumped into her side. Reacting quickly, Y/N lifted her foot and delivered a kick that sent her opponent spinning backward. Clutching the Quaffle close, she continued her trajectory toward the goal.

"Pass it over, Crimson!" another Chaser shouted, and Y/N's gaze shifted toward him. 

With expert maneuvering, she executed a series of swift loops and dodged a pair of Bludgers that came hurtling her way. Her eyes remained locked on her teammate as she prepared for the next strategic play.

With a calculated swerve and a burst of speed, Y/N soared toward the goal hoops. The wind rushed past her as she maintained her course, her focus unwavering. She had a clear shot, a direct line to the hoops. A Gryffindor Beater swung a Bludger in her direction, but she skillfully dodged it, her heart pounding with exhilaration.

As the goal hoops drew nearer, Y/N tightened her grip on the Quaffle and angled her broom. Time seemed to slow down for a moment as she aimed precisely and then released the Quaffle with a swift, powerful throw. The ball sailed through the air, spiraling gracefully before finding its mark—a perfect shot that sailed right through the center hoop.

The crowd erupted into cheers as Y/N's goal scored valuable points for Ravenclaw. Despite her decision to ignore her teammates' calls, she had acted on her instincts and secured a significant advantage for her team. Flying away from the goal, a triumphant smile played on her lips, and she returned her focus to the fast-paced game that unfolded around her.

The cheers of the crowd filled the air, but Y/N's attention was locked onto the game. A Gryffindor Chaser swiftly caught the Quaffle after her goal, and her teammates quickly engaged in a strategic play to steal it back.