"Just Say The Word"

You woke up half next to half laying on top of Richie, your head was resting on his stomach.

"Shit." You groaned.

"Shit! Richie? Time??"

He groaned

"Fuck, Richie, what time is it??"

"Oh fuck!"

You scrambled to find your phones, he got to his right before you found yours.

"8:30. Thank fuck." Richie collapsed back into the bed and put his hand over his eyes.

"Goddamn it." You sunk into the mattress leaning over- partially on him.

You looked over at him as he moved his hand and placed it on your back.

"You scared the shit out of me. I thought I slept through my alarm." His blue eyes pierced through you as a small smile appeared on his face.

"Shit, I'm sorry. I didn't know you had an alarm set." You looked down.

"It's ok, I should've said something." Richie looked up at the ceiling.

"Ahg." He rubs the space between his eyes, squeezing his eyes shut.

"Hey sweetheart, you got any ibuprofen or something?"

"Oh looks like ol' Richie's losing his touch." You joked.

"I'm an old man now, what can I say?" He chuckled shaking his head at you.

"You can say," you leaned towards him as you started to get up. You whispered the next two words, "'thank you'" you chuckled and rolled over to grab the bottle of Tylenol off your nightstand and handed it to him.

"Thanks, Honey."

"Of course. I got a headache too." You said as you opened your water bottle and took a sip.

"So I'm not the only one losing their touch."

"We're all getting old, Richie." You chuckled.

Richie handed you back the Tylenol and you took one.

"How much time do we have?" You asked.

"We gotta be there by 10, latest. So, we should probably get up soon."

You put the Tylenol back in the nightstand and laid back down next to him, draping your arm over him. He placed his hand on yours.

"So, uh." Richie cleared his throat. "You regretting last night yet?" You looked up at him as he stared at the ceiling.

"What?" You furrowed your eyebrows.

"Well, you know. I mean, we were both really drunk."

"Yeah," you propped yourself up on your arm, "and it was one of the best nights of my life. Richie," you gently turned his face to look at you, "I meant it when I said I wanted this more than anything." You leaned in and kissed him, loving and slow. Then you laid back down and held him tightly, he held you back.

You both laid there in silence for a few moments.

"You hungry? I can make us breakfast before work." You asked softly.

"Mm, yeah, sweetheart, that sounds great." Richie kissed the top of your forehead and you started to get up.

"Eggs and toast?" You ask.

"Perfect." He nodded.

You stood up and walked to your closet, a bit self conscious still in your nude state.