Chapter 2: Earth

Twenty years later;

Deafening music filled the surrounding as Carter drowned a drink after drink. Betrayal twisted his heart with pain he had never experienced before. Vivian sure played with his heart which could have ended really badly. Whiskey burned his throat but it is nothing compared to the burn in his heart.

Who would have known this powerful person in the entire universe is capable of his heart getting broken? Or maybe he haven't realized his potential yet. For what he was born for. What things he could do with the flame that dances around his veins. Carter can feel it. His fire is begging for a release, grazing and teasing his nerves. With utmost control, thanks to all the lessons Lara and Victor has taught him since he was five, he managed to keep it in bay.

Jordan joined him later when he was seven since Jordan's teleporting skills needed a lot of attention. Jordan is a son of Uncle Sam who is a close friend to his father. Both their families raised them as a siblings rather than just friends. They have been taught the importance of protecting each other from the age they managed to speak. The importance of keeping their powers a secret. No matter how many questions Jordan and Carter have, they never disclosed their origin and the existence of their realm.

"Hey! Handsome. Do you want anything else?" The blonde bartending lady asked him. Her eyes trying to flirt as he raised his eye to hers.

"Just another refill."

"Coming right up." She says before walking away.

"Triple that please." Noah's enthusiastic voice called out while both him and Jordan occupy the seats beside Carter.

"Not now, Noah." Carter grumbled.

"We don't want to leave you alone, dude. See it is not anyone's fault that Vivian wants to move out of the country. She just wants to go to college there. I am sure she will come back and you guys can work it out." Noah says seriously. "Or you should totally get laid." His eyes following the bartender whose eyes were fixed on Carter.

She returned with three glasses of whiskey and served them with a flirtatious smile. Though Carter barely glanced at her after receiving his drink, she decided to take the leap.

"Damn, hon. You look like you could use some company. Do you want to pick me up after work?" She asks hopefully.

"No." Carter mumbled, not even glancing at her. Disappointed she walked away dramatically, not even looking at Jordan and Noah.

"Dude. That was such a blow off." Noah laughed, patting Carter.

Carter has always been like that. He had eyes only for Vivian for years. They have shared so many memories which this town has witnessed. They grew up seeing each other daily. Went to their prom together. Had their first date in this very town and spent their holidays together. Everything was so much good but not anymore. Not until Vivian told him that she is going to study in London and wants to separate ways from this relationship. After hearing that, Carter's heart crumbled in seconds. He thought her choice was disappointingly selfish. Anger burned through his veins so he didn't attend any of his call or messages from everyone. He went to the Lavender bar and decided to drink down this day.

"Carter, you are getting tipsy." Jordan spoke. The next moment he was standing behind Carter, patting his back. "Your eyes." Jordan says, looking around for a moment to check if anyone has noticed him.

Carter closed his eyes, after realizing his eyes had turned yellow, indicating the presence of fire. Gaining control, he stood up from his seat but stumbled on his step. Jordan and Noah caught him just in time he was about to fell.

"Man, I am alright. You guys go home. I will leave later." Carter says but the two of them doesn't look convinced. After realizing these two haven't budged, Carter growled.

"What are you guys? Party Police. When do you both have been such a buzz kill?" Carter slurred and stumbled again.

Jordan didn't delay any further. He caught Carter and Noah. Within a second they were in a swish of portal, taking themselves to Carter's bedroom. Too tired and drunk to argue, Carter laid down on his bed while the other two blew a sigh of relief.

"God. I could never get used to this. Are you sure no one saw us?" Noah asked Jordan. Despite being a human, Noah really proved himself to be loyal and kept their powers a secret from everyone. Although, Carter always had a guilt that he never been true to Vivian about his powers, considering how things are going, he is just glad now. His family can't afford such danger to reveal their identity to humans. They have already have enough on their plate with their multiple business.

Victor and Lara worked really hard to have such luxury now Carter is living. Lavender sky square has witnessed their enormous growth through this twenty years and hopefully they will see more of it from Carter as well. Such kind of life don't have to be anymore complicated with their revelation of magic. Carter and his family likes to keep it that way, even to their closest of friends.

"Just try to get some sleep and don't grill the bed tonight." Noah ordered earning a chuckle from Jordan.

"Go to hell, you both." Carter mumbled before rolling onto his side.

His body too tired to stay awake and his mind too occupied to sleep. Though his eyelids felt heavy, he was fighting sleep. As if he want himself to stay awake and be there, in his bedroom or anywhere else. Carter felt a tug in his heart. His chest aching to be somewhere else. A pain of someone called out to him through his mind. And suddenly there was this urge. An urge to protect and present the world toward someone. Needing to hold and to give out all his love to that someone.

But his body couldn't stay awake any other moment and he was shutting down himself to sleep. That is when he was in another portal. A portal to Zerithia, which has never happened for twenty years, is happening now.