Additional Part 9: Two bold lines

Start from the beginning

She really should tell him, she reminds herself. Her heart flutters with panic again on her indecision, guilt tugging at her chest, as she's debating on what to do. Because what is happening to her has just as much to do with him...

Her head is spinning- she can't think- she just needs to know he won't panic...

...no- Rafe could wait...

Knelt beside the toilet bowl, the waves come back more intense, the stress built up was not helping her case, and she moans, feeling on the verge of barfing again.

"Ki..." Rafe sounds again, weakly this time, from the other side. She can hear him twist at the door handle, attempting to open it, then sighs and shifts on his feet when it doesn't open. "W-why is it locked?... can I come in?... You're not feeling well."

Ki pulls a tissue out from a tissue box close by, letting her thoughts mellow a little as she processes through them, then prepares to put on a performance- to put on a mask to hide what she'd just discovered. She wipes her mouth with it, then shoves the test into her hind pocket of her track pants. She slowly lifts to her feet.

She re-emerges at the door with a soft smile, popping her head through. Slowly opening it more, she finds Rafe standing there looking a little stressed, with his hands deeply buried in his pockets, an apprehensive look over his face. His eyes softened with concern. He scans her. "You alright?"

"Yeah..." she replies. Her lips curl upwards slightly, and her cheeks flustered, giving off an air to him that she may possibly not be telling the truth.

She feels awful- and yet, here she was, catching herself doting over him with his worried eyes glimmering with emotion at her.

Rafe sniffs, and lowers his gaze as he thinks. He could read her lie, he wasn't stupid... but what was she hiding? And why?

He shifts on his feet again, moving closer, his chest coming up her side, hands still buried in his pockets.

"Ki... I could hear you-" he leans in, peering past her, gazing at the toilet bowl "...are you ok?...Are you still, you know- feeling sick?"

Her brows mend, trying to feign a look to fend off his worries, watching him as though he had been acting silly. She slowly moves over toward the basin to wash her hands- avoiding his gaze.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine." she repeats, softly.

"Your not-"

"Yes. I am, Rafe." she speaks a little more stern this time. The uncomfortable silence that followed told her he didn't believe her, not one bit. "I ate something and it must have been bad... that's what happens- ok? But I'm fine, so let it go."

He moves closer, his chest pressing to her arm now, stopping her from what she's doing, so he could try to get her to look up at him. He takes her arm gently, eyes swaying down over her, trying to catch her eyes. "It's not normal, you're feeling this sick for this long, Ki-"

"Well I am. What can I do, Rafe?" She watches him firmly.

"-you've been like this for two days- so maybe I should take you to see someone- a-a doctor or-"

"I don' need a doctor I'm fine-"

"-you do need a doctor, Ki- why are you so stubborn-"

"- your being ridiculous, you don't need-"

"-my girlfriend's been vomiting for two days straight now-" "-your over reacting, Rafe, ok?-"

"-and your telling me I can't be concerned-" "-because you don't have to be concerned about anything!-"