Chapter 1: Part 3: She shouldn't be here

Rafe.

The wealthy Kook boy... always dressed well, very well looked after by his powerfully rich dad, and all-in-all held up a very strong proud demeanor- one that may be guarding his volatile pride... a pride that became kind of vulnerable and wounded by this point... especially after the passing of his dad.

Everyone knew he came from a very well known prominent family... What people didn't know- however- was that he never felt good enough for his dad.

Rafe constantly craved his father's approval, always needing his father's respects.

The only son of Ward... the only son to carry on the Cameron name and... he seemed to have muddled things, lost in all that seemed important... he'd gotten to this point. Rafe loathed himself.

He had promised his dad he would man up- he had... so how could he let himself get to this point? He loathed himself so much he jumped off a freakin' cliff.

The question tormented his mind - how would his father see him now? As a disgrace? He wallows and drowns in these kind of haunting endless thoughts... on top of being pestered by other intrusive thoughts that somehow kind of scared him.

So now, he sits in Topper's dad's truck looking like... pitty... or shame, as his own thoughts would put it.

He drops his head back, rolling it from side to side. He shifts his neck back a little, trying to rest himself into the passenger seat of Topper's dad's truck.

He groans when he feels a stabbing pain as he moves again alittle.

His body in agony, the lengthy fall indefinitely done some kind of damage- any movement he makes results in pain.

Topper peers over his shoulder at his friend, eyes wide, running over him, feeling shocked and concerned as he starts the engine.

Rafe drags a hand down his own shirt, making an opening and peers through. Dark bruising and light lacerations across his torso. He could have hit something hard as he had plunged or been tossed around in the turbulent water. His lips quirk up into a pained grimace, pulling a face as he tries holding in what feels like burning exuding from his skin.

Spots of fresh blood, and stains of old ones, stain his white buttoned shirt.

Topper's attention flies back onto him again, hearing Rafe moan, his posture rigid trying to deal with what he feels.

"Your a fucking mess, man- you need to see someone-"

"No- I'll be ok." Rafe bites back through clenched teeth.

Topper's brows furrow deeply, watching him unconvinced.

"Nothing we haven't been through before, brother, just drive." Rafe adds impatiently, throwing a hand toward the road.

He grunts and winces, realizing his seat belt had been caught or pulled against his wound.

"Ok... just sit still- I'll get you home." Topper agrees, eyes returning back to the road. "How did this happen again?"

Rafe moans at his question.

He hadn't wanted to waste a breath or energy coming up with an excuse again.

"I'm- I'm not going to-" he replies, eyes intensely focused on his belt as he adjusts it again. "Explain all over, it's just- just a waste of time. Just- just get me home, man. Rose will be there, she can take over from there- she'll know what to do."

Topper exhails.

"Is this something those fucked up pogues did to you?"

Rafe drops his head back and rolls it, eyes rolling too, frustrated with all the questions.