Awake

I woke up to find myself somewhere strange. The stall was huge and the hay beneath me was soft and fluffy. Someone came into my stall and started talking. My vision cleared and the vet came in. He walked over to my leg. He bent next to it and started talking to the assistant. Then they both left and a girl walked in the stall with equipment. She started humming while she set up her things. I sat up and she made sure my left leg was out. It was numb and she brought something metal over to me and set it down. She patted my neck and grabbed my leg. She started to rub my leg with the metal thing and she started to sing. She had a pleasant voice and I laid my head back down in the bedding. She giggled, rubbed my neck and went back to working and singing. She said something like how she likes physical therapy for horses. I lifted my head and she looked at me. She put her head a little closer to mine. She started to sing about me in a sweet voice. I sat up once again, keeping my leg out. She stopped what she was doing to my leg and set the metal thing in the straw. She kept singing and soon our heads were touching each other. I closed my eyes enjoying the vibrations of her song through my mind. She started to rub me and pet me and I let her. Soon, she started doing more things to my leg. Then she got up, collected her things and walked out. Someone else walked in, and so did the vet. The vet felt around my leg, of which I had feeling of again. Then he tried coaxing me up. I tried my my leg still felt weak. They left me soon after. They came in a couple more times throughout the week as did the girl. Soon they forced me up. My leg was a bit shaky but it held its weight and the vet walked me around me stall until he was sure my leg was sound. He left after walking me, leaving me alone for the night.

I woke up early the next morning to the latch of my stall. I was still groggy as I had equipment put on me and I was loaded into a trailer. My bad leg was wrapped extra good. The ride was bumpy and when the trailer stopped, I was untacked and put in my stall. There I collapsed and slept almost the whole day and throughout the night in the comforts of my home.

I had been training for a couple weeks again and the last race of my two year old career was happening this weekend. I was loaded into a trailer and was shipped for the race.