Chapter 1- Welcome Home (+ Uno)

"Alright, that's the last one" Midnight wiped her forehead, and sat down on the bed. Izzie was staring at the floor, very deep in thought. Midnight began to chuckle, and patted her on the back. 

"Don't freak out, I promise you'll be fine" Midnight sits next to her.

"You're leaving me, Sensei isn't here, Kiri isn't here, hell my room isn't finished yet, and you expect me to not freak out?" Izzie whines, laying on her bed. Midnight sighs, for a girl with as much anxiety as she has, Izzie was also just as whiny. 

"Oh please, you'll have the big three" 

"The who what now?" Izzie scrunched her nose, sitting up. 

"The big three, UA's top students?" The navy haired woman shrugs. "You've really never heard of them?" 

"Never, not once" Izzie turns her British accent on, beginning to unpack the last box. Inside is a burnt, ragged T-shirt that looks like it could fit a toddler, Izzie really was a scrawny kid. "You think this would fit me if I wore it today?" She smiles, waiting for her teacher's answer.

"Even if it did, I wouldn't let you wear it" She scoffs, patting Izzie on the head. 

"Why do I still have this anyway?" Izzie shoves the pathetic excuse of a t-shirt into her closet before breaking the box it was kept in. "All done!" 

"Great job, you want a medal?" Midnight roles her eyes, breaking down the other boxes. After the two of them finished with the boxes, Midnight ran them out to the recycling bin, leaving Izzie alone with her thoughts for a few minutes. 

The silver haired girl swung her legs from her stool, on her feet were mary janes over some plain white, knee length socks. She wondered what her brother was doing at that moment, if he was okay, was the master treating him alright? 

Izzie peered out the door, watching the windows for Midnight, and maybe even someone who could possibly take her. Izzie was always cautious, she knew that such thoughts were probably futile, yet her brain decides to force them on her. 

Finally, she caught a glimpse of the familiar navy hair that belonged to Midnight, and hopped off her stool, flopping onto her bed again. "Izzabella Shimura, what on earth are you doing?" 

"Existing in this empty, meaningless void that happens to be known as life" She muffles into the pillow. 

"Very funny, get up" Izzie groans, but relents, and stands up, dusting her skirt off. "Come on, they're waiting" 

"Who's waiting?" Izzie perked up. "Is it the big three or whatever you said it was called?" She shuts the door to her dorm room, and follows midnight. 

A group of kids not much older than Izzie, was waiting in the living room. One had blonde hair with blue eyes, he looked like a small version of All Might. The girl had periwinkle hair and slightly darker eyes, with a bubbly yet a little airheaded personality, and then there was a boy leaning against the wall, he kept muttering "I wanna go home". Izzie felt for him. 

"Togata, Hado, Amajiki, this is Izzabella" Midnight said, placing her hand on Izzie's shoulder. The blond boy, Izzie assumed that was Togata, waved to her. 

"Hey there! The name's Nejire!" The periwinkle girl stuck out her hand, Izzie hesitantly shook it. 

"Alright, I gotta run, you'll be okay Izzie?" Midnight looks at her, Izzie shrugs. "Call the school office if there are any issues, they'll either send me or Aizawa." Midnight leaves after giving Izzie a pat on the shoulder.

The first five minutes consisted of the older students standing around, watching the silver haired girl explore her surroundings. "Why are you on the wall?" Izzie finally said, Amajiki looks horrified that he was spoken to. 

"Because that's how you make friends, well, in Tamaki's language" Nejire giggles. "C'mon! Let's play "Uno" or something!" She drags Mirio over to the table, leaving Izzie and Tamaki alone. 

Izzie leans her head against the wall as well, looking at the seemingly sad face of her upperclassman. She was confused, as well as concerned. She wasn't ever taught what the best way to make friends was, but she knew damn well you didn't lay your head on the wall. 

"I'm assuming you're curious..?" The boy says, closing his eyes. 

"Very" Izzie replies, she sounds confused. "You're Amajiki, right?" 

"Yeah.. don't be so formal though, just Tamaki is fine.." He mumbles. 

Izzie moved over to the extroverts of the big three, who were in the middle of a heated Uno match. She seemed curious, she knew how to play Uno, but she was horrified at the random rules they were coming up with. "Draw 2!" Mirio laid down a red "Draw 2".

"Draw 4, also I pick yellow" Nejire followed, Izzie watched as they kept laying down draw 2 cards. 

"Draw 6!"

"Draw 8!" 

"Draw 10!" 

"...damn it" Nejire groans, pickling up 10 cards. Izzie sits down, she's still watching them play. 

"Uno!" Mirio lays down a yellow 4. Nejire grumbles, and lays down a yellow 2. Mirio draws, he doesn't lay a card down. The next turn, Nejire lays a green 2, Mirio plays a card. "Uno" he says again. 

"This isn't fair! I have 15 cards!" The periwinkle girl whines, Izzie peaks at her cards, and whispers something into Nejire's ear. "Ooh~! I like the way you think! Draw 2!" 

"I win" Mirio lays a blue draw 2, Nejire flops onto the couch and begins to whine. "Izzie, do you wanna play?" He gives her a smile, Izzie nods. 

"Can I?" She says, sitting on the couch next to Nejire.

"Yeah! Tamaki you too!" 

"No thanks"

"Please?~" 

"No" 

"Please?" Izzie gives him puppy eyes. 

"Fine" Tamaki comes over, sitting on Mirio's side of the couch. 

Izzie is first, she lays a green 7. Tamaki follows with a green 5, Nejire plays a red 5. "Draw 4, I want green" Mirio's turn ends, meaning it's back to Izzie.

"Draw 8..?" She hesitantly lays down her own draw 4. "Uh..yellow" 

A little bit later, Izzie is laying on the couch, about to fall asleep. It's around 2:00 in the afternoon, and nobody is doing anything. 

"Go take a nap, we'll be here until Midnight gets back" Tamaki mumbles from a chair across the room. Izzie tugs a pillow from one of the other chairs, and lays her head on it, before completely passing out. Tamaki, being the good person he is, can't necessarily leave her there, so he reluctantly lays a blanket over her, before sitting at the end of the couch. 

"Aww!" Midnight squeals, walking through the door around an hour later. Izzie's head had moved from the pillow to Tamaki's lap, the pillow was nowhere to be found. "How'd it go?" She says, sitting down. 

"She's sweet, and very gentle, but she's also the whiniest person I have ever met" Mirio rubs the back of his head, a dumbfounded smile on his face. 

"I know that much, but she's a good kid. Whiny sure, but a good kid." 

I've changed Izzie's timid personality to a more sassy and whiny one, while still keeping the anxious part of her. I think it's hilarious to write. The rest of the chapters will soon be edited as well.