Chapter 1

Night core version of sad song
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I got at school, I met up with my best friend Oscar. He's my only real friend and has been for 7 years now.

We apparently have History, Chemistry, and English together. History is first period, Chemistry fourth, and English seventh. We walked to class together after the bell rang (obviously).

Time skip 3 hours

It is the middle of Chemistry, and I am bored out of my mind. You know how on your first day back at school, the teachers just introduce themselves and tell you the rules of the class? Our teacher has been doing that all class.

"Toby Wood, please come to the office. Toby Wood, please come to the office." I wondered why, then my teacher said, "Go ahead, Toby."

When I arrived at the office the principle was there with a look of pity on her face.

"Hi Toby. I assume you don't know why you're here?"

I nodded curiously.

"Well, you see, .....ummmmm.......
I don't exactly know how to, uh, like, explain this.....what's happened...."

(Italics are thoughts)

If I know my principle well enough, which I do, I'd say she's acting a bit weird, if I do say so myself. There are so many things I could ask right now, but I go with a simple, "What's happened?" I know. Not great.

"You know your parents left on another business trip, right?"

"Yes?"

"And you know they flew on a plane, yes?"

Silence. Just silence.

Then, at that moment, realization hit me like a ton of bricks.

No...no no no no..... Not an accident.....please no......

She must have seen my shocked face, because she said, "I'm so sorry, Toby."

A single tear ran down my face.

It's weird how four words, just four words, can make a 17 year old boy cry. Especially Toby Wood, who hasn't cried since he was 5.

~~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~~~

"Mommy? Mommy, is that you?"
a five year old Toby asked.

"Yes dear. I'm sorry if I frightened you. Please don't cry. Be a brave little boy. Don't cry."

"But-but mommy, what if I really, really, need to cry?"

"Sometimes, its okay to cry. Crying won't make you weak. It will just make you stronger."

"Really?"

"Really."

~~~~~~~~~~Back~~~~~~~~~~

"Toby, if you want to go back home for the next couple of days, that's okay. Just ask."

"Can I?"

"Of course. Go ahead."

I walked back to class. When I walked in, everyone was staring at me. I wondered why, then I realized I was still crying. I heard people whispering things like,
"Is that really Toby?"
"Dude, is he crying?"
"What happened to make him cry?"
The only one not whispering was, of course, Oscar.

Hurryingly, I walked up to the teacher and he excused me.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°
Author's Note

Hey y'all! How did ja like it? Yea yea, I'm weird. But hey, aren't we all?

Anyway, hope you liked the first OFFICIAL chapter of the book. Comment for some suggestions, vote maybe, and follow plz.

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

UPDATE: why

this is so depressing
also can we talk about how bad i am at naming people

Toby Wood
OSCAR
O S C A R
WHO IS SHE IDK HER