Chapter Thirty-One: Chase

"What the hell were you doing with her that took up an entire day?! An entire day! No calls, just one measly note! Start explaining." I was more than furious.

"Listen, Ri called me early this morning asking me to drive her to San Bernardino to pick up her Jeep. I was just being nice."

"So, why the HELL were you gone the WHOLE DAMN DAY?!" I was screaming, unable to control my anger. I was just so worried.

"I don't know! I didn't want to leave without her following me. She started talking with her mom and before I knew it, it was one! I heard fu—fricken screaming and busted in the house as soon as I could! I saved her!"

"How the hell did you save her?"

"Her mother was choking her. Ri was off the ground. I had to knock her mother unconscious just to escape safely. I'm sorry I—we lost track of time. I have no clue what was going on when I walked in, all I knew was that Ri was going to die if I didn't act quick."

I looked at Scar. "Is it true?"

She nodded. "Chase, my mom, she was choking me. It was all just like my first nightmare. Right down to the crazy Déjà vu."

"A nightmare?" Clearly, Dallas was out of the loop. "What nightmare are you talking about?"

"Get the hell out of my apartment Dallas," I spat out his name.

Dallas glared at me for a second more before leaving. Leaned against the wall in front of the couch. Still fuming, but I cooled off with just Scar in the room. "Scarlett, I—"

"You what? You thought that Dallas and I were hooking up? You thought that I would cheat on you with him? I mean, damn, he's hot, but I don't love him. I'm not some slut that goes out hooking up with anyone who will take the bait."

"You weren't picking up your phone, and plus, you went out with Dallas, remember, he actually likes you."

"Chase, were you not paying attention? He hasn't called me Scarlett for a while. He calls me Ri, as in, Riley. He loves Riley and you love Scarlett and Riley and Scarlett love you, I wouldn't trade you for anyone,"

"Scar,"

"Listen, Chase, I love you. But throughout live, I'm not just going to have one guy friend. I'll have other guys I like to hang out with. You can't just jump to the worst possible conclusion."

I hate it when she's right.

I wanted to be concerned that her first nightmare had come to life but I couldn't. I was too worried about us. About our trust for each other...

"Besides," Scar began. "We have more important things at hand. Like, my nightmares? My first nightmare came to life. I die in all my nightmares Chase, I don't want to die."

"I don't want you to die either! Scar, I need you to live, I can't live without you." I sat down on the couch across from her and took her hands in mine. "I love you."

She looked down. "I love you too. It's just... I'm scared. I've been scared since this nightmare thing started..."

I kissed her, softly, gently. When I pulled away she pulled me back. "Chase, I love you, don't leave me." She kissed me, hard, passionate. I grabbed her head and held her to my lips, running my fingers through her soft hair. Her cold fingers ran under my shirt, slowly making their way up my spine.

"I won't," I promised. "I can't," I laid on my back, bringing Scarlett with me. I slowly brought up her shirt, only to be stopped by her gently hand.

"Not tonight," she said. "I just want to kiss you. That's all,"

I smiled and kissed her. "I love you Scarlett Rennal,"

"I love you Christopher Chase Sprier."

I kissed her again.