Six: To Kyoya And Kuri

Squary Note:

*smirks*

The daily updates have ensued, you know what that means....THIS FANFIC IS DRAWING TO A CLOSE!

I'm sorry that this is an incredibly short fanfic ((and that the chapters are really short too)) but I guess that it can't be helped. I'm just going where the story tells me to go.

Warning: Some of you may find this feelsy.

.

.

.

The days just go by with ease. We graduated from Ouran about a month ago and due to all of our free time, Tamaki and Sora have basically moved into the mansion. I think it has put both of us at ease; to have our best friends alongside us. We're are comfortable when Sora and Tamaki are imposing upn us. Maybe I just miss Ouran?

"So now that the dresses have arrived from Paris! All we need to do is await the magical day!" Tamaki exclaims.

"Brilliant. Do you two know what you'll be saying for the speeches?"

"Nothing that will show up the third son of the Ootori family on his day." The Maid of Honour and Best Man chime in unison. They have been almost trained to know that they are not to embarrass Kyoya. I don't think I want to know the consequences of deviating from that simple rule.

"C'mon! I have wine coolers from Sorrento!" Sora exclaims, producing some glasses from a cabinet. She's way too at home here!

My best friend pours each of us a glass of the wine cooler and lifts her glass up.

"To Kyoya and Kuri."

"To Kyoya and Kuri!" Tamaki repeats.

I settle on the sofa before the television alongside Sora while Tamaki and Kyoya go over the paperwork again. Well Kyoya is a groomzilla. I can't complain about some excessiveness in regards to the planning.

"Kuri. Kuri!" The Hitachiin twins burst into the home I have been awkwardly sharing with the shadow king.

I look up from my wine cooler with a start. Sora mirrors my behaviour. Kyoya stands up from the mountains of paperwork for the wedding. He's planned this whole thing. I mean, I know he needs perfection more than I do. His brothers Yuuichi and Akito and his sister Fuyumi have had amazing weddings that Kyoya has to match up with. I mean, he's the youngest child and has to show society that he's not 'the third son', he's his own person.

"What's wrong?" Sora asks.

"There's a limo outside, you have to get to the hospital now!" Hikaru shouts. My eyes widen. Oh god. No...

"Kuri! C'mon!" Sora prompts, steering me out of the house.

We get into the limo and as soon as I walk in, I am faced by Yuuichi Ootori.

"Come on, right this way. Miss Peony, Kyoya."

"Thank you, Yuuichi. I take it that the twins told you that we were coming."

"They were sent to collect you two. He's held on for so long but he's really losing his will to live."

"I understand. Thank you, Yuuichi."

I say nothing. It's almost as if I cannot respond to anybody. I can only hear my pumping heart as if it were to be pulsing into my ears. My world is almost hazy, like the rims of my sight are blurred. My throat is sore and I feel gross and poorly. There's a huge lump in the back of my throat.

No, Kuri. Now is not the time to cry. Now is the time that I must try hard; to be strong for my father and make him as eased as he can be. I can only hope that-

"Ace! Ace! Kuri's here!" My mother's sobbing, voice thick. She is holding his hand. But of course, my mum wasn't detached from her dying husband. She's emotional and raw.

Oh my god! He doesn't even LOOK like my father anymore. My heart sinks. His vitality, his motivation, his will, everything that made him identifiable even in this ill health has drained away. He's holding the picture that Sora took of me in my wedding dress in one hand as my mother holds the other hand.

"Kuri..."

"Please, don't strain yourself." I shake my head.

"My Miyoko. You're so beautiful."

"Don't waste your breath, Dad, please, breathe..." I feel a hand on my shoulder and my voice cracks. "Just breathe."

"I'm still breathing, baby girl. Can I talk to Kyoya? Alone?"

"Sir?" My fiancé seems astonished.

"Please." My father repeats. Sora gently steers my sobbing mother out of the room.

"Kuri! I'm so proud of you! He's so proud of you! You'll be a beautiful bride!" I'm embraced by my mum. She's still crying. I try to avoid shoving her away for I'm trying to tune her out and listen to my father's words to Kyoya from the doorway.

"Kyoya. My son, I'm leaving my Miyoko to you. I'm relying on you to keep her sfe and happy, okay. Hey, don't do that!"

"Sir...I'll make sure to make Kuri happy...you...you can count on me!"

My eyes widen, is Kyoya emotional? Is he stripping back the stoic-ness? I see my father hand the Ouran High School Host Club's former financial advisor something, through the reflection of them in a door.

"Genevieve! Kuri, come back. I want to see your faces one last time.

What...? One last time? No...No way?