Five: Groomzilla

Sora pokes my cheek, we've been in the bridal salon looking at bridesmaids gowns for hours and all my maid of honour and Kyoya's self-proclaimed best man, Tamaki seem to want to talk about is how stubborn we are. I don't get it; how do they see Kyoya to be interested in me? He's just nice to me. We get along, what's the fault in that?

"Look at Kuri's flustered expression in this article!" Sora bounces in her seat as yet another image of me with a burning red face loads onto the screen.

"You can tell that Kyoya cares about you because he never looks like that around cameras. He tries to seem as innocent and pure and thoughtless as he can. He doesn't want the media to suspect him."

"Suspect him?" Sora cocks a brow as Yui, Cho and Mai walk out in another round of bridesmaid dresses. Shopping in Paris is fantastic! I can't believe how extravagant everything is here.

"Nope." Tamaki shakes his head. "The style is the complete opposite of the mood we're looking for! They're too tight fitting! You girls look amazing but they just don't work with Kuri's dress. Don't get me started on the dress!"

"Sora?" Mai obeys, turning to the maid of honour for her verdict. I'm terrible at choosing dresses because they're all gorgeous! How am I to pick a good one? What if I pick the wrong kind of dress?

In Western countries the word "Bridezilla" is usually used to describe bratty brides that are total perfectionists. In our case, I think it's more like a "Groomzilla" situation. Not that that's a bad thing. Kyoya's going to organise an amazing Wedding, I have no doubts about it at all. He was a lot more open about my wedding dress. Tamaki dragged us to Rome for that dress and got me a n exclusive tailoring appointment with a stylist to distinguish which styles would suit me for this wedding. After that we went to all of the fashion capitals of the world until I found the dress I'll be wearing on the day. It is designed to accentuate my frame by sculpting my natural waist and using a gemstone embellishment to draw attention to it. The neckline is sweetheart and there's a small train in this trumpet-esque gown. Kyoya loved it. Maybe more so on the mannequin but that's none of my business, this day is about showing everybody that the third Ootori son is sweet and totally not planning corporate domination and to potentially overthrow his older brothers and take control. I don't even know if that's his intention! It's what Tamaki tells me, but he insists that my fiancé is evil or whatever because he has type AB blood.

"The lilacs don't match the samples we have here for Kyoya's tie and the centrepieces and the chairs and the-" Sor's insane babbling is cut off by a slightly calmer Tamaki.

"Sorry, we're not a fan of these ones. May we see another round?" The princely blond who has been acting as our translator chimes. The saleslady nods her head. Yui rolls her eyes, this clearly is not her idea of fun, having to try on every single lilac bridesmaid gown in the whole of Paris.

We have literally been to that many stores, to me, a real newbie to the idea of excess, it does feel like we have gone to EVERY bridal salon in Paris! Tamaki and Sora are completely hell-bent on making everything perfect.

I can't even imagine how stunning this wedding will be! If I'm being perfectly honest, the idea of being married to Kyoya hasn't struck me yet. I'm not afraid and I don't see it as daunting. Yet.

Soon the pressure will mount and the stress of being the wife of one of one of the faces Japan's old money families will take its toll. Soon I will waste away in spas just trying to cope, which really isn't helpful when your dad is dying! The Ootori family have always been putting their investments into different fields but I would kill for them to have funded a project to cure what my dad has.

Of course I know that having funded a cure would have caused a ridiculous amount of media speculation. Its common knowledge to the press that my dad's dying, it was from the moment he was diagnosed. And it really wouldn't have taken a genius to connect the dots that there's a potential link between the Ootori family and the Peony's. That would result into digging into me. Not pleasant.

I sigh as Yui and the girls head out in another selection however the three of our faces light up with glee and awe as the girls head out in beautiful satin A-line gowns with a similar structure to my own wedding dress. Their dresses are gorgeous, but they're bronze. Tamaki expresses some confusion over the colour but the consultant beckons another group of bridesmaids, presumably from another party to come over. My jaw drops and Tamaki produces a cell phone.

"Sorry, I just need to contact the groom." Tamaki says in French. The staff look stunned.

"He's not the groom?" The consultant gasps.

"Are any of them actually getting married? They look incredibly young!" a clerk scoffs.

"They're Japanese, right? That's what they're speaking, Japanese, right?"

"Yes, that's what they're speaking." Mai says to the consultant.

"This is a cultural thing. It's got a lot to do with social class. This sort of marriage sticks and couples are always really happy together!" Cho chimes.

"It's a grand affair. You won't believe how many gown shops we've been to!" Yui sounds drained.

"I can imagine, those friends of yours are very picky."

"But of course!" Mai laughs. "We've been searching the world for beautiful things for this wedding.

"For Japan, this'll be the equivalent of Will and Kate's wedding!" Cho exclaims.

"The same level as the Royal Wedding...wow..."

"KYOYA'S ON SKYPE!" Tamaki declares. While we've been searching through Pari"Mai, can you do a twirl for Kyoya."

"You look lovely, Mai-san."

"Thanks." She smiles at my fiancé through the screen.

"Kuri. Do you like them?"

"Like them?" I gasp. "They're..." I glance at Tamaki. He nods his head, indicating that I can be honest.

"Totally gorgeous!" I exclaim.

"Looks like we have our bridesmaid dresses!" Sora beams.

"Without offending groomzilla!" Yui grins.

"Victory!" Cho bounces up and down in the bronze gown.

Sora hugs me from the side. "You don't know it yet but this'll be the best day of your life!" She smiles at me. I nod, hugging her back.