"She's going to kill you for saying that." Lorenzo smirked and Max rolled his eyes.

"I've already gone through enough physical abuse from her. I can take another one." Something tells me they weren't talking about mum as she threw a tissue at him. "Where's—" Max was cut off when the nurse walked in to take a sample of my blood. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Arthur shake his head at Max.

"Who was that woman earlier?" I asked them, making the low conversation they were having stop. "Long hair, brown eyes, looked like I just told her Santa Claus wasn't real?"

Max snickered and Arthur nudged his rib with his elbow. The former glared at him before giving me a nod and walking out.

"That was Nadia."

"Who's Nadia?" None of them replied which only irked me even more.

When the door opened, Max walked back in with Nadia and Mick in tow. My eyes didn't leave hers as Mick greeted me, even when everyone else left the room to give us some privacy.

She was different.

"Fuck no." She cursed when I asked if she was my assistant.

Definitely different.

She had an answer to everything which made sense when she mentioned she was a lawyer. I expected a bunch of political bullshit about the sport to come out of her mouth, but what she said made me think of how much of a memory loss I had.

"It's Mrs. Leclerc, by the way."

December 28, 2027 - Monaco

I'm married.

I have a wife.

And I don't know who she is.

I haven't been able to sleep as much because of the amount of doctors and nurses that would come inside the room, even during the early hours of the morning. Instead, I busied myself with catching up on the previous seasons, feeling glad at the sense of familiarity that rushed through me when I heard the sounds coming from an F1 car.

It was currently two in the morning and Nadia was fast asleep on the couch, her head bent at what looked like a painful angle. The past few days have been spent asking basic questions about our relationship, neither of us moving on to deeper topics. For me, I didn't know how to approach it, seeing the turmoil in her eyes every time I attempted to ask but no words would come out of my mouth.

I was going home tomorrow, so they removed the IV I was wearing, allowing me to move freely around the room. Arthur and Lorenzo dropped off mum at her friend's house since they were leaving for the trip today, the three of us managing to convince her that we'd be okay for the next two weeks.

Standing up, I brought one of the blankets they placed on my bed. The room wasn't that cold anyway and having two would make it too warm for me. I carefully pulled away the folder Nadia was holding, making sure the papers inside weren't going to slip out.

For a few seconds, I debated on how I was going to do this without waking her up. I dropped the blanket by the end of the sofa first before placing my hand on the back of her neck to guide her head to the opposite end where a pillow was already placed. After that, I took off the sandals she was wearing before lifting her feet so that she was now lying horizontally and wouldn't wake up with a stiff neck later. When I was reaching for the blanket, she shifted and I froze. She was on her side then she moved to lay down fully on her back, her dark hair getting in the way. I bit my lip to keep myself from laughing as she frustratingly swept them away, still sound asleep.

Putting the covers over her, I noticed her necklace slip out of her shirt. I crouched in front of her, my fingers absentmindedly touching the gold wedding band that was apparently mine.