Chapter 38

Yes, I know it's been a while 😂 And yes, I know I left you guys hanging. Thanks for all the love though!! School has been keeping me busy I barely have enough time for my personal life lol

Enjoy!

*****

June 08, 2025 - Canada

I'm not a big fan of being in front of the camera. I can take the usual photographs and sometimes people calling my name.

But don't expect me to talk on and on about my supposed boyfriend in front of two cameras for a Netflix show.

As usual, there was a lot of heat on Charles with him being a defending champion. I don't know how I've managed to ignore them the past few races, but they chose this weekend to corner me as I sat at one of the tables in the paddock, enjoying my cup of coffee, before the race began.

More like trying to enjoy my cup of coffee.

I immediately covered my eyes with the sunglasses sitting on top of my head, trying to school my face so that they'd see I wasn't in the mood to be interviewed. Nor will I ever be.

"Excuse me," the girl said, holding a clipboard to her chest. "You're Nadia Kaplan, right?"

"Nope."

Her eyebrows furrowed before she shared a glance with the two guys holding video cameras behind her and looking down at her clipboard. "Isn't this you?" She asked and then proceeded to hold up one of the photos of me in Australia.

I picked up my coffee and took a small sip before speaking up. "If I say yes, will you be doing an interview?" Her eyes brightened and I saw the two guys stand straighter, ready to film. The girl nodded her head continuously and smiled at me. "Then, no. I'm not Nadia Kaplan." I picked up my coffee and my bag before standing up and leaving.

"Did I just see you escape from Netflix?" Max fell in step beside me and glanced at the table I was sitting on.

"They were ruining my coffee time." I grumbled, still holding my coffee cup even though I've lost the need to drink it. I will though, because I can never let coffee go to waste.

"Please tell me how you did that. I've been trying to get them off my tail for weeks. They always make me seem like the brooding and angry driver."

"And you're not?" I smirked, raising an eyebrow at him.

Max smirked in return before he winked at me. "Only sometimes, but they don't need to know that."

Max continued to walk with me since the Red Bull garage was right beside Ferrari's. Despite his calm expression, his hands kept fidgeting as if he was itching to ask me a question. When we stopped in between the two garages, I took off my sunglasses and gave him a look. "Alright, out with it."

"With what?" He asked, raising his eyebrows but it was obvious by the way he hid his hands behind him that he was caught. I crossed my arms over my chest and waited for him to continue which evidently happened after a few seconds. "Fine." He sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I was wondering if I could ask for Gabby's number." My eyes momentarily widened and Max assumed this was a bad sign because he began rambling. "It's not what you think. Actually, yes, it is what you think. But I'm not messing around although it's too early to tell. Fuck. Okay, I am not saying the right things."

I couldn't help it anymore and a laugh escaped my lips. "I should've let Netflix follow me if I had known I'd be bumping into a lovesick Max Verstappen."

After hearing my words, Max glared at me. "When it comes to life or death situations, I know you're one to trust, but right now, I really don't like you." He grunted like a five year old kid and I rolled my eyes at him before pulling out my phone.